2013 Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus

Millennium and Maverick didn't even have Fast Lane +. IMO, next year should be Dragster, Millennium and Maverick. I think that is a good a amount for FLP. It's not so many that it's pointless buying the regular FL but it's enough to warrant the cost.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I think I have said this many times now. Many people now have to buy a ticket then FL. DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY. Then going in the park to buy your Foods,Drinks, Play Games + Dinosaurs ALIVE $5.00. That would cost some people close to $200 if they do that. I think the FL went up too.

Maverick00 said:
Millennium and Maverick didn't even have Fast Lane +.

I just worded my statement poorly. What I meant, is that regular FL users will flock to MF and Maverick, since they can't go on GK or TTD.

My bet is next year plus will be maverick and TTD. Gatekeeper has the capacity to handle more FL users. Maverick lines are to long for FL and non fl people. If they
dont include MF in the regular FL i don't think they would see many.

The more I think about it, the more I think that they are going to need to make Fastlane a limited number of line skips. If Fastlane + is Maverick and Dragster, then I bet there will be extra long lines for Millennium. If Fastlane is Maverick, Dragster, and Millennium, then it I think it loses some value not having any of the big 3 in it. Perhaps next year, make Fastlane one cut on each of the Fastlane rides, and Fastlane + be unlimited rides on each. That gives people the option of having unlimited rides, but not everyone will go for that option. Having one cut per ride may also spread people out a bit more in the park. Rather than trying to get a couple of rides on the big 3, they will ride the other ones because they can get on them with minimal wait.

Last edited by 0g,

One cut per ride or even 2 would sit better with me because then it is helping people get more in to one day, not just letting the same people ride over and over while everyone else waits in line forever.

My daughter & I started getting Fast Lane last year during Halloweekends madness & we're now hooked, can't go to CP w/o it (we're season pass holders & do it all in one day, driving 600 miles round trip). Anyhow, I must say, I am still disappointed they changed the Fast Lane entrance to Millennium this year - MUCH longer line than last years. *sigh* yes, I'm a spoiled brat.
Ride On

Was at the park on 8/13-16 and I noticed twice groups of people without the proper fastlane band getting into line through the fastlane entrance.

The first was on TTD, a group of two had on the regular bands and they were let through by an attendant who wasn't paying attention.

The second was a group of three on MF, and they didn't have bands. My group was chuckling about the thought of them getting stopped and having to walk back through the FL line to the entrance, but the attendant let them right through, never once checking to see if they had bands on.

I think it somewhat defeats the purpose of the bands and devalues them for those who end up purchasing them if the attendants on the rides couldn't care less about enforcing them properly.

Mr. Cedar Point said:
DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY.

I agree, this is irresponsible and probably kind of uncomfortable. Put it in a wallet, or a money clip, and put it in your pocket.

TomReich said:
Was at the park on 8/13-16 and I noticed twice groups of people without the proper fastlane band getting into line through the fastlane entrance.

The first was on TTD, a group of two had on the regular bands and they were let through by an attendant who wasn't paying attention.

The second was a group of three on MF, and they didn't have bands. My group was chuckling about the thought of them getting stopped and having to walk back through the FL line to the entrance, but the attendant let them right through, never once checking to see if they had bands on.

I think it somewhat defeats the purpose of the bands and devalues them for those who end up purchasing them if the attendants on the rides couldn't care less about enforcing them properly.

I realize the seasonal employees don't get paid much but I don't get paid much either in my job but I still do it. Trying to enter Fastlane without a wristband should be considered line jumping.

I completely agree. I get it that they are typically high school or college aged individuals who were probably expecting more out of the job than to look at wristbands all day, but take a bit of pride in your job. And yes, I think it should be line jumping as well. Honestly (and I know this isn't possible) I wish the lines had more of a "rule keeping" personnel presence. I don't mind standing in line, but I do mind having to stand 2 hours with the person behind me elbowing me every 3 minutes and the group of 12 year old girls in front of me screaming the latest pop songs.

Luckily, at the end of it all, I get to ride a coaster. Fair trade. :)

Not sure if anyone else noticed, or when it started, but Wicked Twister now has a fast lane entrance as of this weekend. Sort of a bummer because it can already move slowly when the line is long and based on today's experience, they were letting way too many FL users in each time the line moved. The merge point is right before you go under the "shield" as I call it beneath the back spike. The line just runs along the existing one. Definitely not much signage up about it except for a small sign near the entrance and none of the FastLane advertising mentions it yet. But all I can say is wow, it definitely slows a usually quick wait down quite a bit.

On the other hand, I see the business need to add another ride to the FL lineup, considering Skyhawk, Snake River Falls, and Shoot the Rapids are unusable with your FL purchase for the rest of the season.

Low capacity rides should not have Fast Lane! Bad decision in my opinion!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

^ I agree! I think it has been implemented well on some rides and not so much on others. Maxair, which we would gladly wait for a few times each day we visited, is now maybe a once-per-visit ride. The line (when the queue is full) is at least 45 minutes and they let sometimes as much as 20-25 fast lane people in (yes I have counted). Definitely makes the line crawl. It used to be 15 minutes and then a 1/2 hour if it was out into the midway. A big thumbs down for that one.

Like I said, WT's line is definitely going to be slow now, which is a bummer. Other rides that are high capacity work great; GK and Raptor are good examples.

It seems there is often a debate on this forum about FL and what it entitles you to exactly. I thought the general consensus was that there will be "minimal waits" but it never guarantees NO wait at all. This is aggravating when you see the maxair FL attendant continue to wait for people that just entered the FL to walk all the way up and right into the holding area. They could have waited for the next cycle and had a 3 min wait versus a 45 min wait which is still a great cut on wait time for the price paid.

Disney is testing a interesting twist on wait times. You basically register your place in line, and are told to come back at a specific time via an RF tag based on a FIFO system for standard and FL riders.

Rather than wait in line for an hour or two, you are free to see a show, get something to eat, or shop in the stores. Seems like a win-win idea that could easily incorporate a re-ride limit, increase in park spending, and make for a much happier patron - with or without FL upgrades.

SteveH said:
Disney is testing a interesting twist on wait times. You basically register your place in line, and are told to come back at a specific time via an RF tag based on a FIFO system for standard and FL riders.

Rather than wait in line for an hour or two, you are free to see a show, get something to eat, or shop in the stores. Seems like a win-win idea that could easily incorporate a re-ride limit, increase in park spending, and make for a much happier patron - with or without FL upgrades.

Disney has had the Fastpass system for nearly 15 years, which involves receiving a Fastpass ticket listing an hour window to return. They are now implementing a system called Fastpass+ which is linked to an RFID wristband, and which allows you to reserve a few (I think up to 3 per day) ride reservations in advance of your visit. Otherwise what you described (minus the RFID wristband) has been around for quite some time, and has always been to all park guests. I can't tell from your post if you were familiar with the original Fastpass system in place at all Disney parks.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service