Mr Segway Story

I thought I'd share this somewhat humerus story with everyone. I saw the guy that rides the Segway in the park today and while he was in earshot, these park guests actually approached him as a source of information. It was pretty obvious that they thought he was a midway character or park ambassador. Maybe CP should give him a job!

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I've seen him multiple times before. He's all dressed up and just slowly rides around the park on a segway. It's quite funny and interesting to watch.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Great guy...loved seeing him when I worked there in 2011

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

He was there yesterday.

I actually have met this segway guys just last May while heading over to gatekeeper to dig my runs. His name is Mury. I got to chat with this guy a few times & he seem like a nice guy to talk to. He comes to the park just to get out of his house & to stroll around the park on his segway. He said he used to go on rides but not anymore. He just watch other people ride & stroll that's it.

One does not stroll on a motorized device. They walk.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

This year was the first time I saw him during my visit Memorial Day weekend. Seems like a cool guy.

Not to change the topic but just wondering if "the woo guy" is still around. I saw him a few years ago in line at MF doing his thing. Very entertaining lol!

Oh, he still comes around! ;)

It has been several years since I last saw him there, but this evening my wife and I saw him motoring along Frontier Trail - dressed to the nines. I hate to sound morbid, but I had just assumed he was no longer with us since it has been several years since I last saw him - definitely pre COVID the last time we encountered him. It was kind of nice to see him back again enjoying the park like so many times before.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Sadly, Pete is not with us. It was weird visiting the park in May and not seeing him.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The irony did not escape me when I sought out an appropriate thread to put the post above into and it turned out to be one started by Pete.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service