Can we stop the zombie threads?

Seeing a zombie thread pop up every now and again can be fun, but it just seems like of late we are reaching "Dawn of the Dead" proportions. Would it be possible to have a backend solution that automatically locks all threads that have not had activity on them for an extended period of time, say a year? I can't think of anything productive that has ever been said in a zombie thread that starting a new thread would not be appropriate for.

And if we can cannot have a technical solution, can we have a cultural understanding? Can we agree it is poor form to reopen a thread that is long forgotten? I give you permission to start a new thread if you feel the need to revisit a topic...

Murtagh

It's really not a technical problem, it's a people problem. Keep in mind we don't watch the sites 24/7, but we generally take care of issues eventually.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

And really aside from the occasional spambot that resurrects a bunch of threads with a particular keyword in the title, it's not that prevalent of an issue.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I am going to bookmark this thread and revive it a year from now...

Cedar Point guest since 1974

^I knew this would happen :P

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service