2013 Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus

Then what is the point of FL? If the park is just going to let FL users be insulted, then that is just bad for business. People buy the FL to get more enjoyment out of their visit to the park, right? Why wouldn't a person in the regular line have to have thicker skins if they saw a T-shirt in the FL that offended them? Why would the park make the person change their shirt? Bad customer relations are just bad customer relations. It's just bad for business. The park invented FL to attract premium customers and you say they don't deserve the same courtesy regular guest have, come on. Just because it's not a problem for you does not mean it's not a serious problem; just one that the park decides to ignore.

Last edited by The PointGuru,

Love the t shirt idea! CP should sell them along with the FL passes.

The PointGuru said:
Then what is the point of FL? If the park is just going to let FL users be insulted, then that is just bad for business. People buy the FL to get more enjoyment out of their visit to the park, right?

How often does this happen? I don't use FL.

The purpose of FL is to avoid having to wait in long lines. And from what I have seen, its very effective. Used it at Kings Island last summer. Had a few people some not so nice things to me (and other FL users) as we walked past them in line. I just kept walking. Should I have gotten out of line, tracked down security and had them follow me back in the line to identify who made the comments? Or should I have waited after I rode for the "harasser" to exit the ride? In some instances, I do not even know who made the comment.

I don't know if the park would do anything if someone wore the shirt in question. They may ask them to chance or turn the shirt inside out. They may ask them to leave the park. They may do nothing. But seems to me that given the choice between taking action against the person wearing the shirt (with no doubt who the person is) and against the person who purportedly made a statement (identity of the person and what exactly was said may be in dispute), I would be more likely to take action with respect to the t-shirt.

If you think being harassed as a FL user is a problem, stop by guest services on your way out of the park and make a complaint. If they get enough complaints, they may take some action. Until they do though, you have the choice of living with the "harassment," not buying FL passes or not coming back to the park.

The PointGuru said:
Just because it's not a problem for you does not mean it's not a serious problem; just one that the park decides to ignore.

You're assuming it's a problem based only on anecdotal accounts here on PB. There are other folks here who have not had any issue with harassment, so I'd say it's a pretty huge stretch to assume this is a widespread problem.

Also, what GoBucks said. The park is pretty responsive to issues, so if enough people think it's a problem, it's reasonable to assume they'll handle it.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Yes, if the park is going to remove people from the park because someone wears a T-shirt that offends someone (like Kevinj suggest), then anyone who offends someone else should be warned or removed from the park if the behavior continues.

The park has a dress code. If you were being harassed in any way, it's up to you to inform security, and they will address it.

Two seasons ago, my wife and I had an incident of being strongly verbally harassed after I stopped a group of kids from line-jumping. The security guards are always walking around, and I simply told them, and they took care of it. Simple.

The CP police and security do a great job.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

If the park is so concerned about revenue, why don't they just figure out a better pricing structure. They keep coming up with all of these ridiculous deals and stupid gimmicks. Pick a price that makes them the same amount of money and stick with it. Now, they are ticking people off if they buy tickets in advance because there is most likely going to be another sale.
People were fine with going to Cedar Point and waiting in line. You knew what you were getting yourself into.
I'm surprised they haven't asked Kmart if they can have the blue lights from the stores that were closed.

Zoug68 said:
If the park is so concerned about revenue, why don't they just figure out a better pricing structure.

It seems they have done exactly that - they offer various levels of service in order to accommodate people with various levels of disposable income.

People were fine with going to Cedar Point and waiting in line.

Certainly doesn't seem so, since FL has been such a huge success.

Brandon

TwistedWicker77 said:
Off topic, but I personally think 1 or 2 security should be placed at every major attraction for prevention of vandalism, line jumping, smoking, and fights. Just saying...

Your idea is admirable, however it is completely unrealistic. You're talking about have extreme proactive security at numerous locations throughout the park, when in reality, security personel are trained to be reactive. Signage and "friendly" employees are meant to be your proactive procautions.

My team provides security at some of the larger events at OSU, inlcuding Men's Basketball and concerts, attended regularly by 18K-21K people. We have anywhere from 10-25 security associates for events this large, and we handle every fight, disagreement, and ejection. While Cedar Point is a lot more spread out than our events, you can't reasonably expect to have a 50+ person security team, not including mobile personel. Its just a waste of resources.

We had Fast Lane last year and while walking to the front of TTD someone yelled out to our group "So you think you are better than us?", One of my friends replied back, "No not better, but we sure are riding more than you."

We had a few people say some things to us last year but we continued walking and rode all that much more.

^ I ask people how many times they have been on certain rides, their experience with it. No need to yell crap at people that did buy it!

I'd rather FL not be at the park, but i understand why its there. I will not trash other people for buying it. It is available to everyone, unless they sell out! :)

I would buy it also, if i went to a park that i dont frequent.

Ive been on everything at CP 100's of times, and have a pretty good strategy of when to ride.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Last year was our first time ever going after talking about making the trip for 15 years, going back this year because we had such a great time last year. Fast Lane was a huge reason we had so much fun.

I used Fast Lane last year too and its definitely worth it. Especially if you don't go that often like I do.

t2fastspin said:
In the unlikely event that TTD and GateKeeper are both down, and a FL Plus is purchased in advance, will a refund be given for the difference in price?

Excellent question If I am paying $140 or whatever it is for a park ticket and pass I would go nuts if TTD was down half the day. I go for the coasters not for any of the spinning carnival rides

the pointlive here on pointbuzz shows a fast lane sign with both fast lane and fast lane plus as SOLD OUT.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Where is the FastLane office? When does it open? I have a friend coming from the east coast and I intend to be in line at the office before it opens! Used FL at Canada's Wonderland last year and it was worth it! Have never used it at CP before since I live 5 minutes away.

Is the FLP ticket a 80$ addition to the regular ticket? I got the FL option last year and I don't remember it being an additional price but more an upgrade. just wanted to know, i'm going this Friday.

The $80 is ON TOP of the regular ticket price....it's not an upgrade.

I better rephrase the fast lane question. At Canada's Wonderland there is an office near the front where our group got our FL passes last fall. At CP I'd forgotten there are multiple sites to get the passes.

My question is: do all the sites run out of FL passes at the same time, implying a central source, or will one site run out before the others. Is it worth running over to another site?

There is not a central source. On Sat. I noticed one of the stores were sold out of FL but it was still available elsewhere.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service