2013 Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus

In the unlikely event that TTD and GateKeeper are both down, and a FL Plus is purchased in advance, will a refund be given for the difference in price?

If the FL policy is like the ticket policy, then not likely.

^I'm not a betting man, but that seems like a sure thing.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

I don't know, the ticket policy makes sense because the standard ticket provides access to more than 60 attractions. Just because rain has forced the coasters to close doesn't mean guests can't enjoy dozens of other attractions. With Fast Lane Plus, you're talking about 2 rides. That's a completely different scenario.

That's not to say the park will allow refunds. But I don't the comparison to the standard ticket is fair.

Brandon

Coming from Minnesota, I'm getting Fast Pass Plus and thinking of making T-shirts that say "Regular Lines are for Poor People". That way when people are rude at least they'll have a reason

That would be awesome. On the back maybe you can have some kind of numbers so you can count how many times you've ridden Gatekeeper since everyone else was waiting in line to ride it 1 time.

Last edited by The PointGuru,

It's a wonderful idea. Of course, you're trying to get a reaction, but in reality you would be asked to change your shirt or you would be removed from the park.

Stay classy.

Promoter of fog.

Awe, poppycock, I've seen far more offensive things on shirts and no one ever said anything. I say go for it anyways. It would probably take hours before anyone said anything to you. Just wear another shirt underneath. If you can afford FL+ you can blow $10.00 on a cheap shirt to throw away or turn it inside out if anyone says anything.

Someone is asking for their A.. getting kicked in the park/parking lot! Just ride and enjoy! No need for that!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Agreed JW. I wouldn't walk around with a shirt that said I get free parking, how 'bout you.

It's a lot like wearing a "don't blame me I didn't vote for him" t-shirt in the ghetto. Just an invitation to get your ass kicked.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

It's funny that some people would be offended by Ironman2008's T-shirt. Seems to me the only reason he said he would make a shirt like that is because of the offensive actions of other people who previously bought FL experienced from other guest. Does no one else have a problem with Fast Lane users being harassed (without special T-shirts) for no reason by rude guest? Why doesn't park management do something about rude guest who harass FL users when they bring so much more additional revenue to the park? Seems like a double standard to me. Sure the park will take your money; they just don't care if you are harassed in the park.

What do you want them to do? Have people stationed around the park looking for people who say negative things to FL users? What should be the punishment? Kick them out of the park? Give them warnings first?

^ I agree with you a little. I've seen many Fast Lane users get harassed by people in the regular queue. One almost caused a fight with a father of two (Fast Lane user), and some young punk trying to be cool in front of his friends that was saying some very out of line comments.

I've used FL twice, but at King's Island on very busy days. I never received any bad feedback, but a lot of folks asking if it was really worth it.

GoBucks89 said:
What do you want them to do? Have people stationed around the park looking for people who say negative things to FL users? What should be the punishment? Kick them out of the park? Give them warnings first?

Yes, if the park is going to remove people from the park because someone wears a T-shirt that offends someone (like Kevinj suggest), then anyone who offends someone else should be warned or removed from the park if the behavior continues. The park already has people stationed around the park, they are called ride host, security, and police. If someone complains they are being harassed then the park should do something about it. Especially when the people being harassed are people who agreed to pay more money to participate in a park approved program like FL.

Off topic, but I personally think 1 or 2 security should be placed at every major attraction for prevention of vandalism, line jumping, smoking, and fights. Just saying...

How much of a price hike would you be willing to accept for that much extra security?

The PointGuru said:
Why doesn't park management do something about rude guest who harass FL users when they bring so much more additional revenue to the park?

You're assuming this is a serious enough problem to warrant such a response.

Brandon

No, I'm assuming that any guest should not be offended or harassed while they are in the park whether it is offensive shirts or rude comments. If someone wears a shirt that some people find offensive enough that other people want to kick their butts then most people may consider that a serious problem.

As for raising the price, FL guest already pay more, extra security goes along with the extra price they pay. If it's too much of a problem to make sure FL guest aren't being harassed then the park shouldn't offer the program.

The PointGuru said:
If it's too much of a problem to make sure FL guest aren't being harassed then the park shouldn't offer the program.

Alternatively, folks with thin skins in terms of being "harassed" don't have to buy FL passes. If someone physically assaults you, I am pretty sure the park will address that. Someone makes a comment as you pass by in the FL line and I suspect the park will just let that go. If that doesn't work for you, my suggestion would be not to buy FL passes.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service