Redirects?

I've been getting website redirects everytime I am on here.

Has anybody else been experiencing these?

I only get it when I come to pointbuzz, and it only happens one time per session (meaning that I will navigate to the forums, it will redirect me to a different website, then I can back out of it and continue looking for as long as I want at other topics on here).

I view using IE8 (give me a break, I have to use IE for work!) :-)

My guess would be that IE sucks at blocking pop-up ads, and instead redirects your current tab. It happens very rarely on Chrome.

Brandon

I hate stuff like that, because it's so hard to track down. One crappy advertisers sticks something naughty into their ad and it's four layers deep and impossible to find. I haven't personally seen it (yet).

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Thanks guys...

I will try in Firefox to see if I continue to receive the issue.

I use Google Chrome. I keep getting a redirect to some website called "crackle".

That's the one I get too, Coolkid.

Yeah, I got one this morning to Crackle. Happened once, haven't seen it since.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I just got another one. Google Chrome stopped this popup, but gave me the red warning page that displayed "videos.rugged.com contains malicious software". I have also been getting quite a few "congratulations, you won!" popups, these ones don't redirect you, but play audio.

I've been getting Crackle sometimes lately. I'm using Internet Explorer.

Regarding crackle, I was able to find some info on a virus called win32 Heur on ehow.com. According to ehow, the crackle redirect is one of the manifestations of win32 Heur. This site is not the only site that has been getting comments about the crackle issue. I'm on an iPad, so I don't know why I would be having the issue, but I am. However, on my laptop, I use IE and have not had the problem. However, my laptop has security "up the ying-yang."

Just as a heads up, I had to get my computer re-imaged yesterday due to a boot issue.

After the reimage, I stopped getting crackle pop-ups.

I believe MHW is right about the win32 Heur.

If you start seeing Crackle ads, I would recommend researching how to check and remove win32 Heur.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service