Mobile App

Have you guys ever considered getting a mobile app? I know Coasterbuzz has one for Windows phone and I currently have an Android and I thInk it wold really come handy. Just wondering if you have ever considered it and have any plans for it.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I think it would be a good idea. But it isn't reallly necessary in my opinion. The site works perfectly with all smart phones already. And I feel like it would be weird going through posts in an app format. Because most forum apps that I have used in the past for other things all adjust to the size of the phones screen and that gets kind of annoying if there was a long message or something. You would have to constantly scroll down to read the post. With the full site, I was able to navigate more efficiently.

All the cool kids are doing responsive design *. That's the future.

http://vimeo.com/28926711

(* For the non-geek, a simplified definition could be that responsive design is creating a website to be flexible, adapting to whatever screen size, device, or browser is being used.)

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Yeah, I hate to say it, but apps for Web sites like ours don't make a ton of sense. The same phones all have Web browsers, so why wouldn't you just use that? Granted, Walt's point about adapting the content to the screen size is an important one, and I suspect we'll do that for the next version of the site. (Don't get too excited... I doubt that will happen any time soon.)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I would like an app that would let me know what the approximate wait time is on any given ride, mainly coasters at any given time. That way if a ride has a short line and i'm close, I can head straight for it and get it out of the way instead of wasting time walking to a coaster that has a 2hr wait. I think it might be a viable idea, but maybe i'm the only one? Who knows, just my $.02

ohcustoms, i think that is a great idea.

Jayme
ghostlymanor.com Sandusky, OH

I think so too, CP could have the person that stands at the front of the line measuring people update the wait time every 15 min or so. I would pay for an app like that! even if I only used it one time a year. Too bad I don't know to write code.

If something like this comes out, i'll be pissed, but i'll still buy it LOL

This idea already exists to some degree, as Ride Hopper has been around for awhile. The only issue is it is user contributed, which works decently on a busy day. However, slower days often no waits are posted. Personally, I would like to see this feature part of the official app, with actual official wait times.

The only way such an app would succeed would be as an official offering from Cedar Point. Disney has an official app with wait times and it works very well.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

i would still buy it

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service