Opening Weekend Party

I was just starting this because from previous years i thought there was a get together the Friday before the park opens. I will finally be able to come up on the day before the gates open. Sorry if this is somewhere else, but i didnt see it in general anywhere. I didn't know if someone planned something and we all brought something to the party. I cant really plan anything due to being almost 3 hours away from the point, but i can try to help somehow. If anyone has any info on this please share. thanks

If I am going to be near Ohio for opening weekend you can count me in. I'm always down for a Pointbuzz party. :)

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

Maybe this was before my times on the site, but I always thought the party was on actual opening day in the pavilion?

I'd attend (help)an opening day pointbuzz party!

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

I just remember there being a party of some sorts. Not sure if it was opening day or the friday before hand. I would love to attend and actually meet some of the people i have been talking with for years.

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

I agree. Well I can defiantly make a Opening Day get together if anything gets off the ground from here.

Visual Scan!

Well I guess i will start the planning process. Should we like meet at the thirsty pony in the evening, or maybe have people bring something and have it in a pavilion somewhere at the park. I d,ont know how far away people will be traveling to bring any food with them for the party. It would be easier to have people bring stuff than pitch in for a caterer. I say we see how many people want to participate and i can always see about getting a spot in the pavilion near the season pass center for us. I know there is a lot of places on 250 to get food for a party. Lets see what goes on from here. If you want to participate let me know on here or send me a message and ill keep a list. Thanks all

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

It seems walt has started/planned a point buzz event for April 2nd also. Check out the topic in the general forum.

Visual Scan!

I see that he has. I forgot that i am not staying Saturday night and am driving home to go to a wedding. The only day i would be able to do it is maybe meet up that Friday night with buzzers at like the pony or something.

There have been a variety of Opening Weekend "get-togethers" in past years. Some years a small group goes to Challenge Park on Friday night, and then goes to Fridays on the Beach after that. Also, there have been a few years where we have had an Opening Day "potluck-style" meal in one of the Pavillions. It all just depends on who sets everything up.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Count me in! Sounds great.

The friday evening get together changed last year and it might happen again this year. Last year we we're going to hit ripcord, skyscraper and putt putt but RC and SS werent running so went to Kalahari and had a great time there. Only time wil tell though if we go to Africa again.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Kalahari isn't a bad idea at all. Do they offer evening passes or anything like that, or do you just have to purchase a day pass?

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

There is a discount evening pass sold for $32 dollars for 5pm to close, which is usually around 10 or 11 on Fridays.
http://www.kalahariresorts.com/oh/parks/waterparkdaily/

Visual Scan!

TTD 120mph said:
Last year we we're going to hit ripcord, skyscraper and putt putt but RC and SS werent running...

When did you go? I was there that Friday evening and rode them both. I don't recall them going down.

I think a friday get together after challenge park would be a great idea. That makes it really simple. Why dont we all plan on that. No food to bring and we can pretty much take over fridays.

Now that I remember it, Kalahari replaced the whole Challenge Park deal. We still went to the Fridays at Breakers which is still part of our opening weekend routine. It was 09 that Skyscraper wasnt opened.

Yah, Skyscraper wasn't ready in 08 or 09. Ripcord is pretty reliable though. I haven't decided yet if I'm doing the Challenge Park/Friday's thing again this year or going to see a concert in Cleveland that evening instead.

Well, its sounding like we could see some pretty crappy weather on Friday.. If the weather goes south, maybe a few of us could meet up at Kalahari, or even at BWW for some wings or something? But if it's nice I would love me some skyscraper :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Heck, if it ends up being "ok", I want to take over Challenge park. Skyscraper, Ripcord, the whole shebang!!! :D

Just wear that patch with that expression, and I guarantee people will get out of your way... ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service