Cedar point halloweekends crowds

I just wanted to know how summer at cedar point is compared to halloweekends. this is my first summer with a season pass. How are the crowds in halloweekends compared to summer? Do the lines get shorter or are they generally the same? also what is cedar point like in general during halloweekends. I imagine there is lots of theme added to the park.

What? This is Top Thrill!?!?!? I thought I was riding Iron Dragon!!

If the weather is nice during HW, be prepared for absolutely insane crowds. If the weather sucks, crowds could vary between light and mostly insane.

Brandon

Friday: Pretty Dead
Saturday: Most Crowded Days of the Year
Sunday: Pretty Dead, except Columbus Day Weekend then Summer Saturday Crowded

I totally agree with Touchdown's crowd assessment. We'll usually go out for a weekend, hit the rides hard on Friday night with the lighter crowds and then do a lot of the halloween attractions on Saturday.

As far as the theme goes, you won't be disappointed - the park does a really nice job with Halloween theming and the added scare zones, haunted houses, and halloween shows do add a really unique change to the park. It's my favorite time of year to go.

You definitely won't be disappointed in Halloweekends. Come on a Friday or Saturday when the park is open till midnight and you can enjoy the atmosphere and outdoor attractions. As for crowds, what has been said is pretty correct. Saturday and Sunday crowds are pretty much directly dependent on the weather, while Friday crowds are usually (but not always) somewhat light in comparison.

Of course, its important to remember that not every ride is running on Fridays during HW.

Brandon

Do all the main coasters run on Fridays?

CP Nut

Yeah, they do. I tried finding the ride list, because my memory sucks, but I cannot.

But fear not - the ride lineup is worth going for on Fridays.

Brandon

Most (all?) of the major coasters run Friday. Off the top of my head I know I've ridden Millenium, Dragster, Raptor, Wicked Twister, and Maverick - I know there are more than that (Iron Dragon Wildcat, and Blue Streak?) but I can't remember for sure.

Gemini, Mean Streak and CCMR are usually closed. As is Camp Snoopy. I believe Wicked Twister is as well, but don't remember for sure.

Unfortunately the Halloweekends site is not yet available for us to double check this information.

Goodbye MrScott

John

One thing if you do go on a Saturday and you notice it is packed and you want to go in Terror Island....normally a line for it forms around 6:45-7....I'm not saying this is when you should come, just know if you head over to it right at 8, you'll probably be moving slowly.

11 years.

My best run through Terror Island was towards the end of the night. We were going to get last ride on Magnum and one of the guys in our group hadn't done it yet and I wanted to go through again. So we headed over.

It was EMPTY! Not only that, but the fog was thick enough that you couldn't see anything beyond about 18 inches. It was amazing. Both of us got really turned around in there and it was awesome. I would definitely recommend trying to catch it later in the evening.

Goodbye MrScott

John

The fog was really thick like that on only a few nights, so it's hit or miss with the fog on the island. It can be really good or some nights there can be none at all but the boathouse is fogged out from CarnEvil.

11 years.

Yeah.... We only went through Terror Island once last year, and we were underwhelmed. Granted it was a friday, but had zero fog and seemed very undermanned. I have heard so many good things that I hope we have a better trip through this year.

Last year we were thin through there, I don't think they expected to need more people then what was given, plus the people that just didn't show up. Now that there's a year down and people have an idea of what to do in there I'm sure it will be a better experience this time, and there should be more Screamsters...hopefully.

11 years.

I went last year during the Columbus Day weekend, Friday was busy. Didn't go Saturday, went right to the hotel. Sunday had a summer Saturday look to it, very busy. And the hole weekend it was warm, Saturday temps got to high 70's. I got sun burned while at Put-In-Bay, on Saturday.

Last edited by Daniel Smith,

Quote from a Corkscrew ride op, "And Dragster is down again"

^ We also went then but Friday was realy good. Maximum 45min wait on Maverick. You were lucky you were not there on saturday. 2 hour wait for mean streak at 6:00. Mantis was 3 hours and Millies was 4 hours. Gemini 1.25 hours. 53'000 people were there when I asked a ticket lady.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

I'll agree with Friday was ok compared to Saturday and Sunday. Got my first night ride on Raptor Friday night, that was so awesome! Rest of the waits that night were ok. Saturday was a different story, we went to the drive though Zoo, and Put-In-Bay, we wern't playing on going to the park. So going back to Hotel Breaks, be just amazed at all the cars in the parking lot, never seen so many cars, they were even parking them on the grass by Blue Streak, at the top of the parking lot in the grass.

Sunday didn't look as crowed but there were long lines that day.

Only have onepicture of Sundays parking lot the same weekend in Oct 2008, it was around 2pm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/topthrill/ParkingLot.jpg

Last edited by Daniel Smith,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service