Signature

I noticed that my signature was changed without any notification because it was too long. I read the forum rules and did not see it until now that the restriction was three lines. Now I would have been happy to edit it myself to comply to the rules, but instead it was deleted and without notice. I was using that to keep track of my coaster rides ridden and now I have no idea what my exact numbers were. Thanks a lot for doing that, I really appreciate it (sarcasm).

I'm not totally bothered that my info was deleted, I can put the numbers up as I remember them. But without notice??? All you nedded to do is PM me and I would have taken care of it.

Last edited by BGRooDoG,

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

http://www.pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/14492.aspx

9. SignaturesThesignature is a way to reveal a little about your personality and whoyou are. Please keep the signatures to three lines or less. Asmentioned above, it's OK to put your site's URL there provided it isnot used with promotional language.

Yeah, I used to PM people, and they never did anything about it.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

At the end of tonight, does it really matter you lost track of ride counts? I lost track awhile ago how many rides I had on everything. If I can remember a day or weekend number of rides, I'm happy.... And mostly it's so I can tell Matt how many times I rode Magnum while his bitch ass was working! :)

All I'm saying is a nice PM would have been nice. If they don't do it after a PM then its alright to do what ever you want. Glad the users of this site are treated with respect by its owners and administrators.

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

This isn't about respect. There are 50,000 posts made every year here on a site run by two guys in their spare time. We have the guidelines posted. I don't think it's reasonable to expect us to hand hold every visitor.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

If you're really that outraged by someone stealing some text, you must be beside yourself at being stolen from criminally by your government in the form of 'bailouts' and 'loans'.

Jeff, whomever did it went through the trouble of editing my signature... that time could have been used to send me a PM. I use the site everyday and am a good contributor. My signature has been like that for at least a year now, so why NOW decide it's time to do something about it? Maybe there should be more volunteer admins if its too much work for just two of you.

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

Jeff said:
This isn't about respect. There are 50,000 posts made every year here on a site run by two guys in their spare time.

Why dont you enlist the help of "moderators". You must have regular posters that you can trust.

Have you seen the normals that post here? I wouldn't trust me, John, Josh, Bryan or any of the other regulars with moderator access! :)

BGRooDoG said:

I use the site everyday and am a good contributor. My signature has been like that for at least a year now...

If you really do use the site every day,you should have known that excessively long sigs are notonly subject removal at any time without warning, but thatthose people are also subject to public ridicule as well.

...so why NOW decide it's time to do something about it?

Perhaps because you ignored the rules for over a year? If you're a "good contributor", shouldn't you know and follow the rules?

Brandon

Is it possible that I did read the rules at one time a long time ago and complete forgot about signature restrictions. Yes.

This is my second username on this site, mainly because I stopped visiting for year with my first one and had no idea what my user name and password was. Rules can be broken on accident, which is why we should forewarn people what the rule is before taking any action (Like a warning for a traffic violation). This ENTIRE thread could have been avoided with one simple PM, so if its too much work to PM me then I guess I'm just wasting your time with a complaint. A user complaint from someone who supports this site, so that it can continue to trive. If your not going to treat me with respect then you dont need my support nor my respect. This feedback is for both Jeff and Walt, not for those "elitist" users that continue to point out what has already been said. Thanks for those who agree with me.

Last edited by BGRooDoG,

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

Here's a thought. Jeff has mentioned that even when contributors delete their own posts, they never really go away. I just wonder if he might have your wiped signature archived in a similar fashion, so that at least you could retrieve your coaster count (which, BTW, it's not a great idea to use the Interwebs to save your important information).

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

It's not "Important Information". Just a way to keep track is all... It's not killing me that its gone, it's just it was deleted with no warning that's the killer. I fully respect any rules that are on this site, but please warn a user before taking matters into your own hands.

2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps

I have a few ideas, because I once, had more than 3 lines and was edited by Jeff or Walt without notice.

1. Expand the sig to 5 lines. I really don't think this will cause any trouble or chaos. As long as we don't allow ourselves to have 20 lines and HTML stuff and pictures and such, we'll be fine.

2. Give notice to people if they are violating rules. Because everyone does not come online everyday, plus work and school, give them a 5-7 grace period. After that then go in and edit as you wish.

3. Get some moderators.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

There's nothing to discuss. The rules are what they are. The old sig is gone forever. I also delete countless posts that do unnecessary or untrimmed quoting.

Seriously, if it bothers you and you're so hell bent on protesting, step away from the site. I've said my position, and that's the end of it.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service