Pages covered with black squares.

It appears that on many pages, the page is covered with black squares (part of an ad I presume). There appears to be no way around this.

Any way to put a stop to this? It makes this site extremely difficult to use.

I have no problem with Jeff trying to make a profit (or maybe just break even) with this site. I actually salute your entrepreneurial spirit. But do you have to have ads that block actual content? Or are you simply unaware of the problem?

-Sam

John McCain: The Ride

Being Mavericky since 2007!

I can't find the ad. If I can figure it out I'll disable it.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

If it helps, it is a Fox broadcasting ad. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate this ad being blocked. Thanks for all the great work on the site.

Fight the Shapers . . . Join the Resistance . . .
Save Humanity!

I'm coming across this ad too, and everytime I want to go to a new blog area it pops up with 4 black boxes surrounding the screen, I have to disable the ad in order to even read anything.. it's annoying, but if you do come across it Jeff, it would be much appreciated if there was someway around this.

Thanks

If it's the same as everyone else is getting it has writing that says "imagine the possibilities". It doesn't let you do anything on the page when it comes out.

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

Yes, that's exactly what I see, but you have to go to the very top of the ad where it says "close" and you'll be able to not see the squares anymore. It happens nearly on every thread I go to.

If I replay the ad in question I get a message that cdn1.eyewonder.com is trying to access my pc.

I don't really find it all that annoying, wait 5 secs and it goes away. It is not nearly as annoying as the ads on newsnet5.

Hope that helps identify the ad.

Games - 1989 - Beanbag Toss/Break-a-plate

It is annoying in that it covers editorial content. Ads are not supposed to do it. They are supposed to PAY for the content, not cover it!

-Sam

John McCain: The Ride

Being Mavericky since 2007!

Is This the ad? I just want to be sure I'm on the same page as others.

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

Yup, that's it. It links to imaginethepossbilities.com .

I'm really not looking forward to when my Premium sub runs out.

Neither am I Ben.

Neither am I.

Goodbye MrScott

John

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service