Deleted spaces

It seems that in some of my posts, spaces are deleted after I click the submit button, leaving me with double words. Is this a bug in the software, is this an issue with using Firefox, or am I doing something wrong?

Ravine Flyer II - The Gravity Group does it again.

There is no bug. Why would I try to parse out spaces, and only in your posts?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

og, its probably a problem on your end. The space bar is the most used key in the entire keyboard which of course makes it the most likely to break. Since it seems to be working on and off, I'm guessing though that you are just not hitting it hard enough when you type. Make a conscious effort to really hit that key (ie try to get the "click" every time you use the space bar.)

The thing is that when I click the back button in my browser, I can see the spaces the text box. When I look at what got posted, the spaces are not there. I was just wondering if this was a known problem.

Jeff said:There is no bug. Why would I try to parse out spaces, and only in your posts?

I don't think he was implying you were......

I know what you mean 0g, I have almost the same problem. Whenever I post a reply, any spaces after a period and anyspace between paragraphs dont come up and I have to edit it. But after I do edit it, they show up. It's been happening to every one of my posts since the new version started.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Yep, same here.

There is no bug. Why would I try to parse out spaces, and only in your posts?

There is a bug. I don't know why you would. And it's not only his posts.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I have a problem with joke deletion. My jokes always seem funnier when I post them than when I read them later on. Jeff should seriously look into this. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

TTD 120mph said:
Whenever I post a reply, any spaces after a period...dont come up and I have to edit it.

I too have noticed that when I double space after a sentence, one of the spaces disappears when it is posted.

Four discount funday tickets to Cedar Point: $130.96
Overnight stay at Breakers Express: $70
Riding rides the size of skyscrapers while "legally" breaking the local speed limit: Priceless

I didn't mean to infer that I thought you were parsing spaces in only my posts. I was only trying to suggest a possible future improvement.

I suspect that if you're having a problem, it's browser related. Either a toolbar or just some craptacular change to the browser. So what's the offending browser?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.14
Is anyone else who has seen the issue using the same browser?
Also, thanks for looking into this issue.

I have major issues with IE6, to the point where I won't even use it. It doesn't automatically insert a new line, so I end up with posts that run on across the page until I finally hit "return". So, I just don't post if I only have IE available.

Goodbye MrScott

John

^^ I am also using Firefox 2.0.0.14
I occasionally have the problem, but not always.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14, but I've not seen the problem when I post.

I'm not seeing the problem either, and I also use Firefox -- though I'm not sure which version it is.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I've not encountered it in Firefox, but I'm using a version or two older on Windows, and 3.0 RC1 on the Mac. Firefox has really gone to the crapper in the 2.0 versions, and seems to crash constantly. 3 seems mostly better, though RC1 has only been out for a couple of days.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's isolated to a specific version. Truth be told, I've been using Safari lately, even on Windows. I'm surprised at how snappy and non-crashy it is.

"Non-crashy"? Haha. I like that phrase. I may need to start using that here in the office more often...

For what it's worth I am using Firefox 3.0 RC1 on both XP and Ubuntu Hardy Heron. Both seem fine.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I have IE7 and I have noticed that it removes one of the spaces when I double space between sentences. <There were two spaces there, but after I clicked "Submit Reply", one of them disappeared. Not really a big deal, but since other people are talking about it, I wanted to share what happens for me.

Four discount funday tickets to Cedar Point: $130.96
Overnight stay at Breakers Express: $70
Riding rides the size of skyscrapers while "legally" breaking the local speed limit: Priceless

Yes, double spaces don't render in HTML. They never have. Ever.

They do with &nbsp; :)

Last edited by bholcomb,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service