Mark forum read and return to main forum index button

I dont know how doable this is, but is there anyway a third blue button could be added to the sub forum pages that both marks the forum as read and is a link back to the CP forum page? I know its a pretty small detail but it would be nice to save a click.

I'll have to think about that a little. Perhaps it makes sense for that to be the default behavior, instead of an additional button?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I cant think of any reason why someone would want to mark a forum read and stay on the page. I just suggested the extra button because Ive seen the three button set up on other forums.

Sounds good to me.

Well doing it because other forums do it is a good enough reason not to do it the same. :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

OK, it's done. That makes so much more sense. Good idea.

Thanks for changing it Jeff :).

Awesome. That works very well.

You know, I was just thinking about this early yesterday. Thanks, Jeff.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Well, a third button would have been redundant because you have the breadcrumbs at the top of the page.

But I do like this new behavior. I did a double take the first time, but I was always hitting "Mark as read" and then "CP Forum" anyway, so this saves me at least one click.

Goodbye MrScott

John

It took me a while to even realize it was automatically taking me back to the CP Forum page when I clicked it, but I like this feature.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

This feature along with the forum now able to detect I view a topic makes the site a lot faster to use. Small steps go a long a way.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Just to let you know, I keep running into a pretty consistent problem/bug with the "Mark Forum Read" button. It keeps popping up some sort of database error. I just realized that I should have grabbed a screen shot. It seems to be random, though, and seems fixed by simply navigating away from the forums completely and then returning.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

The errors are logged. The error you're getting is not a database error, it's you not allowing the page to finish loading before you push a button. Same error happens when you click next/previous without letting the page load. I'm aware of that issue and thinking about it.

Hmmm...guess that's why I needed to catch a screenshot, could have sworn I saw "database" somewhere in there. ;)

I've had it happen when the page has loaded completely, or, at least it has according to the status indicator on my browser (Safari) Granted, I'm a pretty quick clicker now with the trackpad (helps to have high sensitivity enabled), so I may be clicking as soon as the bar (loading indicator) is full, when it really hasn't loaded everything.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service