Intamin Playground

When the park opens for the 2007 season, 35.3% of the greatest coaster collection on the planet (6 out of 17) will come from our Swiss friends. It seems that many were more than a little surprised that CP chose to go with Intamin again after three straight steel coasters from them, especially in leiu of the on-again off-again status of Dragster. It used to be a bragging point for parks to advertise "first park with 4 coasters from B & M" in enthusiast circles. Has any park ever had 6 coasters from one manufacturer before? It seems a little unprecedented. What are your thoughts on this? What company is "the next big thing"? Arrow, B&M, Intamin...is there a company waiting in the wings that will be able to showcase their stuff at America's Rollercoast? It would seem that getting your product on display at Cedar Point would be like hitting a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth to win the game for a coaster company that is up and coming. Just pondering the latest influx of Intamin at the point, and thinking that after this year it would be wise for Cedar Point to head "in a whole new direction", unless Intamin has something else up there sleeve.

Promoter of fog.

I wish Cedar Point would give us a new B&M. I'm getting sick of the constant Intamins.

2009--Dragster Photo

i'm thinking we're getting B&M's for '09

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/cpdude2/cpd2sig.png[/IMG]

It's not like this is abnormal for a park. Look at the BG parks, seems that every coaster they put in is an B&M. The issue with B&M is that they are hit and miss. Seems like for every good coaster they make there is a bad one along with it.

When I first saw the track I knew that this was going to be a great coaster. Even though TTD, MF and WT have had their fare share of downtime.

I was surprised but not disappointed because Intamin has always delivered for CP.

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

Intamin always delivers, everywhere. Sure, they have some reliability issue to work out still, but I'd rather ride and exciting and fun ride than a cookie-cutter dive-machine or floorless.

I'm with exit and CP4eva. Sure B&M builds reliable coasters, but it seems they've lost their creativity. Intamin is always thinking "outside the box" and really pushing the technology. I can live with the reliablity issues knowing that an Intamin designed ride is going to give a unique ride experience.

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing a GravityGroup or Great Coasters woodie show up at CP either.

Or, forget the coasters all together for a few years and put in some decent dark rides that the entire family can enjoy.

<GASP> Did anyone pass out when they read that?

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Yeah, I just haven't seen anything new as far as desingns are concerned out of B&M. How long since they came up with a new inversion?

Intamin seems to be always pushing the envelope. B&M's strategy seems to be "go with what is proven".

No but I did laugh. Chief, you're using business sense, thats not allowed in business.

*disclaimer - In no way do I think that CP is a poorly run business - disclaimer*

Goodbye MrScott

John

Good thoughts. I agree that while I hear "B & M needs to be next!", I cannot think of what product from B & M CP has a need for, aside from a floorless. Intamin does indeed seem to be consistently pushing the envelope in terms of what can be done. You also hear that CP "needs" another great woodie, and it just so happens that Intamin is breaking into this market, ala El Toro (an absolutely amazing ride if you have not been on it). I wish I had access to the "5 year plan" that CP has.

I am in complete agreeance that a nicely themed dark ride would be a great addition to CP. I still miss all those rides on the "Pirate Ride" :) Intamin makes these too! ;)
*** Edited 8/25/2006 3:44:52 PM UTC by Kevinj***

Promoter of fog.

I love to see a good flyer.

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

Look here.

Ok, good. Now that you've seen one, CP doesn't have to waste the space. ;)

Edit - fix link
*** Edited 8/25/2006 3:50:41 PM UTC by JuggaLotus***

Goodbye MrScott

John

Well if Project 2007 doesn't turn out to be intamin's version of a 4D coaster ( I have know idea what it is going to turn out as), I would love to see one but only if S&S worked out alot of the kinks (I guess we will have to see how the new one in Japan is). I also would love to have a new wooden coaster, perferably from the Gravity Group or maybe Intamin.

I just wish they would build a little bigger belt!

2004,2005 Food Services
2006 One Long visit

I would also love to see CP build a Flyer, better yet a launched flyer with alot of inversions, and over water and threw the trees. I know the trees would be far fetched since CF hates nature.

I am very happy with Intamin. I agree that I would rather have an interesting ride experience with expected downtime rather than a boring ride that runs all the time. A B&M floorless would be nice, but I've been on great ones like Scream at SFMM, and poor ones like Dominator at GL. They do seem to have a lot of hits and misses.

If we were ever to get a wooden coaster (which I actually hope we do) I would also vote for Intamin. El Toro is the one new coaster that I read about everywhere. I definately wouldn't mind seeing one at CP. Why does it really matter that we have many Intamin coasters? As long as the coasters are differant I really don't see the issue.

Thrills Around the Corner!

Neither do I as long as it give Thrills and Chills It's all good to me. A Wooden Coaster would be cool as well. To me they need to get rid of MS, Its way to rough and about 1/4 way threw it kills my back and neck I lose intrest in it at that point. It has to be be the worst ride there. I rode it 2 times thats it, at first i thought it was a fluke or something but it wasnt. It's the only ride that gives (gave) me problems.

I'd love to see another Intamin too. But, wood instead. Great Adventure built KK after TT, so they should build a better woodie to overtake El Toro. Its only fair. :)

It is not that it "matters" per se, and I agree that Intamin does provide enough diversity in their products that each provides a unique ride experience. So no, my intent is not to argue that building 4 straight Intamins is a flawed plan. I just find it interesting how much Intamin has helped shape CP within that past decade.

Seeing the success of Voyage, I agree that seeing Gravity Group at the park would be a feasible direction to go in, or the aforementioned "dark-ride" for wider appeal.

Edit: have you experienced El Toro Halltd? I just hope Great Adventure does a good job of maintaining it; it was amazing.
*** Edited 8/25/2006 4:39:32 PM UTC by Kevinj***

Promoter of fog.

Perhaps it should be called the "Intamin Test Ground" rather than the "Intamin Playground...." ;)

No, but really, kind of like Intamin. Other than the downtime, I don't know why people always complain about them.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service