If you could change a ride name...

me

Mean Streak - I Need An Aspirin: The Ride

Magnum XL-200 is fine, if you argue that should TTD be just Dragster since it is no longer the Top Thrill, or MF be changed since we've been living in the new Millennium for what, 5 years now.

Wicked Twister is a very good definition for the ride itself. Finally, though it's not a name change, paint Gemini white, it'd look cool and would draw more people.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

I don't really like painted wood rides. I know it is a steel, but it looks wooden. If you build a wood, stick with the wood look. And how about Witches Wheel to Dramamine?
*** Edited 1/1/2005 8:45:51 PM UTC by Fastball84***

I agree, I think wooden rides should remain wooden and not be painted, except Blue Streak since the names kind of goes along with the paint.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Iron Drag Queen? Or would that be too gay for some of you?

And incidentally, I've always thought that the Gemini would look good painted white with one red track and one blue track. An unpainted coaster, however, is probably less of a maintenance concern and looks better in the long run.

Happy New Year to all.

I'm the oldest one here. CP emp '73-'74

Ya, that would be totally too gay for me *rolls eyes*

Blue Streak didn't used to be blue, in my rides of CP DVD they have opening year footage and only the trains are blue. Its actually a little weird looking, Im glad its blue.

Since the name is Blue Streak i think it works out well, but seeing Gemini's wood painted white or any other colour would be horrible, unless a wooden coaster has a colour in its name keep its natural wood visible.

Get rid of the XL-200 in the Magnum name.

Change Mean Streak to something that better fits Frontiertown. Since it's so rough, why not call it Rodeo or something like that?

I think that something like taking the XL-200 out of Magnum's name isn't a very big deal since it is mostly referred to as Magnum. On the other hand, using rathofdoom's idea, changing the name Mean Streak to Rodeo is a big deal. Think of the marketing point of view, the roller coaster has always been known as Mean Streak, and completely changing it to Rodeo or any other name would be a big change because people may get confused. This applies to any roller coaster or ride.

when i worked at cp in the mid 80's when iron dragon was built, it was called "red wagon"

Ralph Wiggum said:
Mantis to Banshee! ;)

That is what I was going to say!

MF Circuits=3,011(272)

tcanyon87 where are you getting all of this stuff, I have never seen Iron Dragon called "red wagon" and Demon Drop was never called "demons drop". Plus, Iron Dragon was built in 1987, closer to late 80s.

*** Edited 1/2/2005 4:33:21 AM UTC by Vince982***

red wagon was the name given by ride ops back then, and i really do have the "demons drop" thing

It's not like "red wagon" was an official name. It was just a label the employees prolly put on it. Like how we might call it Pumpkin whatever now a days, it's not an official name, just something we might call it. As for Demon's Drop, idk. Plus, I might consider '87 mid 80's or late 80's, it's borderline. To the topic, I think all the names are perfect. Except for Disaster Transport, it should be called like Inside Ride or something easy.

-S. Eagle

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

actually, TTDsam, when Blue Streak first opened they had a blue train and a red one. They seemed to run the red train more often, like on slower days when one train operation was warranted. I lived in Cleveland at the time, and the opening of the Blue Streak caused a sensation in the area with everyone going to see it. My friends (who I'm sure all grew up to be coaster enthusiasts) and I wondered why, if the thing had a red train, they didn't call it the Red Streak! There seemed to be nothing blue about it. And we had no way of knowing the ride was named to honor the Sandusky High School athletic teams.

I'm the oldest one here. CP emp '73-'74

I would also change Mantis back to Banshee.
*** Edited 1/2/2005 6:21:21 PM UTC by crashoverride***

-Evan Hendrick

[Ralph Wiggum said:
Mantis to Banshee! ;)]

wasnt mantis supposed to be called banshee when it first was planned?

Yes.

Top Five:
1)TTD 2)MF 3)Magnum 4)Raptor 5)WT

The train was blue in the DVD, I didnt see a red one. I was just going off what I saw.

I would change Top Thril Dragster to just Dragster. I never really liked the whole Top Thrill part. It sounds really stupid. The Same this with Wicked Twister. I would rather say Twister. But now I'm used to it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service