CP Tickets from Meijer

In the Meijer ad that went out this week, there is an advertisement for Cedar Point tickets, as follows:

Good any day (adult): $36.95

Good any day (junior/senior): $21

Ride & slide: $59

Weekday pass: $33.95

Sounds pretty reasonable! You save between $4.95 and $10 compared to gate admission prices for the same tickets.

------------------
I'm sure you are keen to Ultra Slim-Fast. . .well, Meijer carries (Meijer brand) "Extra Thin-Quick." Who are the ad wizards who came up with THAT one?

Has anyone seen if they're doing the Pepsi can promotion this spring?

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP - Sillynonsense.com
"Pray that your country undergoes recovery!" - KMFDM

Actually the Pepsi can discount is for the entire season this year except for Halloweekends. 10 dollars off, real good deal.

------------------
Thats right Virginia, I am Santa Claus.

Since I have a season pass this year, these prices won't bother me, but before I had the pass, I never got my tickets at Meijer. I was able to go to my local city community center and they sell tickets to lots of theme parks and events. Check at your community centers with the recreation department. While Meijer was selling tickets last year for about $36, I was buying my tickets for $29. They seem to have much better deals. Since I live in Southeast Michigan, about 1 hour and 45 minutes away, I'm sure people that live closer have community centers that do the same thing. It's a much better deal. Just looking to give you all a heads up. Maybe the tickets aren't a better deal this year, but they have been in the past. Never hurts to check it out.

------------------
and remember, if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter
*** This post was edited by Raptor_Rider 4/28/2003 11:36:00 AM ***

I was in my local AAA/Michigan office today. They did not have tickets available yet, but did have prices. Fundays were $32.50, Junior (and maybe Senior?) Fundays were $21 even, and Ride&Slide's were $60.
Another source for discount tickets are Credit Unions...I can get tix for $31.50. Unfortunately I have yet to recieve my Getaway Guide...how much of a discount are those coupons?

------------------
Metallica, Magnum and Mountain Dew, and finally turning 21...what could be better?

The getaway guide is $10 off a funday admission. They also have buy one Stralight Admission get one free.

Stupid question: My husband and I are going to CP Monday May 12th. That means we could buy a weekday pass from Meijer, right? That way we could avoid the ticket line at CP? (we have $10 off funday admission coupons, so if not we can still get the same price at CP, but would love to avoid the lines)
*** This post was edited by GoldEyes 4/28/2003 6:14:20 PM ***

To answer your question GoldEyes, Yes, if you buy the ticket from Meijer or any other place that sells them besides CP, then you can skip the ticket line and go right to main entrance. It's kind of nice to already have your ticket it your hand. You get in much faster.

------------------
and remember, if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Thanks Raptor_Rider! I figured the Weekday Pass is good from opening day. (well first weekday) Since we will be going on a Monday, that will be great to get ahead of time! Will be spending enough time in lines for rides! :)
Is that in Cleveland the Meijer you're talking about?

------------------
Gas for drive to Cedar Point: $25
Ticket to Cedar Point: $43
Drink while in line for ride: $3
Travel 410 feet in the air: Priceless

No, I am talking about a Meijer in Columbus. If you are wondering about a Meijer in Cleveland though, you can goto their website and look at the online ads to see if they are advertising CP tickets. :)
No, there are no Meijer stores in Cleveland. It's probably the one in Sandusky. The only other one I can think of in Ohio off hand is the one in Mansfield, though I'm sure there are more.

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP - Sillynonsense.com
"Pray that your country undergoes recovery!" - KMFDM

Yes, there is a crappy Meijer in Sandusky. Although why anyone would think that they can get something there cheap is beyond me.

Yes, I am a former disgruntled Meijer employee (Could you guess?)

------------------
Have you ever just sat and really thought about what you are thinking?

There is one in Sylvania, right next to Toledo for those that might not know.
There are also Meijer stores in Findlay, Lima, and Bowling Green if anyone from around that area is interested.

------------------
Jeff Young

There's quite a few Meijers in the Toledo area.

Thanks for the heads up, Live Entertainment. I'll have to keep them in mind when buying my CP tickets this year.

------------------
-Kyle

http://www.thatparkonthepeninsula.tk/

I plan to buy my tickets there, however I am not familiar with the store brand or its policies. I'm traveling from outside the U.S., so I need to know if there are any special requirements to shop at Meijer, like a membership fee or something. Can I just walk in and buy them?

Thanks.

pfranco, you can just go into the store and get them. They don't have special requirements or anything like that.
There are 3 Meijers in Toledo, 2 in Dayton, 2? in Columbus, 1 in Mansfield, 1 in Lima, 1 in Findlay, and 1 in Defiance. And thats just what i know of off hand.

Of course being from Michigan we have them EVERYWHERE. Name a city with more then 20,000 people in Michigan and it has a Meijer.

------------------
Thats right Virginia, I am Santa Claus.

Thanks wingnut.

I am traveling with my wife and infant child (besides another couple with a child of their own) and I would like to avoid the ticketing line at the very least. I am sure there will be plenty of other lines waiting for us... :)

Regards.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service