Put the Crapsaport out of its misery, its begging

OK, the Disaster Transport. I have to say that was the single worst investment in cedar points history. The Executives wanted to challenge the likes of a Space Mountain with this venture. Cedar Point spent 4 to 6 million refurbishing the bobsled ride. It opened with a bang. Eight Years later the Disaster Transport, cited the name the CRAPSAPORT by my friends and I have recieved acclain for being such a waste of space. This ride is so bad that it is not taken care of. The ride is so bad that Cedar Point uses its space to hold the haunted house during the non fall season. This is terrible. This summer I rode the ride, the ride was fun, but the special effects were bad, it would be nice if they turned all the lights off, not just 3/4's. To Give a little fright. I was waiting in line and i looked at the exit door, for emergencys. It was PADLOCKED!! What Padlocked? That is a offense. I took a picture of this, above the door, spider webs lie, as the millions that were spent on this money pit dies. Its too bad, the ride itself was fun, but not taken care of. So i say again, Please put the Crapsaport out of its misery. Do it for the kids, who get off the ride and say , this ride stinks, that was the worst ride here. Make the mine ride the worst ride there, not the Avalanche Run.

Spartacus
Know that ride might be a money pit but I am hopeing it turns out like the house in the movie (hehe).

Now let me tell you a little story. my momma ya see was afraid of them theer coasters. She thought the darn things would kill her see. When I got her on that thing last year she loved it. It got her on the one drop rides like White Water Landin and Snake River Falls, but DT is her faviorite. So ya see that old Alskin shed will always have two fans me and ma. I am sure their are some more just like her. You are just looking at it from people who know them things are safe. look at it from the people who think they are going to die on the thing. FOR GOD SAKES MAN!!! Look from all perspectives.

-------------
A long time Disaster Transport lover.

Leave the poor ride alone, if you dont like it dont ride it, its not like this ride is hindering Cp from building new coasters, is it? There are some who still enjoy it, and its not fair to take it down just cause there are some who dont like it! If alot of people hated Blue Streak, should it be taken down? I think not!! If ya dont like it, dont ride it, its just that simple. :)
-------------
Likes her coasters like her men, fast and furious!
Ever hear the saying "look before you leap?" LETS ALL TRY A NEW SAYING FOR 2000, THINK BEFORE YOU POST. Nothing in this world is perfect. Nothing in this world will ever be perfect. There is absolutly nothing wrong with giving your opionion on something and critizing something. Thats perfectly ok, but to critize something without proper facts or justification is wrong, and you end up looking like an idiot which I am about to do now.

First off AR cost the park $3.5 mil when it first opened. When the ride reopened as DISpatch mASTER TRANSPORT in 1990 the themeing cost around $4 mil. Thats about a half mil more than what it cost to build the thing. Now over the year now that CP Place has been around I have been a huge defender of this ride, as some of you long time memebers might have noticed. Lets start with the themeing. For the 1,000,000th time I have said that Cedar Point is an amusement park, NOT a theme park. It seems the park's feels thats its better to put the money into a BETTER ride than to put the money into better themeing. The proof in that is Disaster Transport. They gave theming a shot and it failed miserably and I highly doubt that we will ever see a major themed attraction at Cedar Point ever again.

Now lets look at the value that Disaster Transport has to the park. 1. Its a great ride for kids who are begining to ride roller coasters. The first coaster I rode at CP was the gemini when I was 11 years young. I will admit that it scared the crap out of me and I cried like a little girl. After that mistake my dad took my brother and I over to Disaster Transport (as it was the new thing that year) We waited through the entire queue and becasue it was my dad, brother and I one of us had to ride solo. I went solo and I loved every second of the ride. I hopped out of that train with the biggest smile on my face. I will never forget that moment in my life. My love for coasters started there but it didn't set in until after ? ????? ???? ?? ?????? ?????? ???? ?? ????? ???? ??????? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ????? ?? ???????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ???? ???????? ??? ????????? ??? ???????? ?? ???? ????? ????? ????? ??? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ??? ? ??????? ?????? ???? ? ??? ????? ?????? ??? ?? ???? ??????? ???? ??? ?????????? ????????? ?????? ?? ???? ? ?????? ????? ??????? ?? ????? ?????????? ??? ??? ????????? ?????? ?? ? ?? ?? ????? ? ?????? ?? ??????????? ???? ? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ? ????? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??????? ???? ?? ????? ??????????? ??????? ????? ?? ???? ??? ????? ???????? ?????? ???????? ???? ????? ?? ??? ????? ??? ???????????? ????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ???? ?????? ??????? ????????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ????? ???? ??????? ??? ???????? ???????????? ???? ??? ????? ??????? ? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ????? ?? ???????? ??? ?????? ???? ????? ??? ? ??? ??????? ??? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???????????? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??????? ? ??? ?? ?????? ?????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ???????? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ??? ????? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ???????? ?? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ? ????? ? ???? ? ????? ?????? ????? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ?????? ??????????? ?? ?? ????? ? ????? ????? ?????? ???? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??? ???????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ???? ??? ????? ??? ???? ?? ? ????????? ? ????? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???? ???? ??? ???????? ?????? ??? ?? ???? ? ????? ????? ????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ????????? ??????? ?? ???????? ????? ?? ??????? ?? ??? ???????? ??? ??? ????? ??? ???????????? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ????? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???????? ???? ???? ????? ?????? ??? ?????? ????? ????? ???????? ???? ???? ????? ???????? ?? ?? ??? ????????? ???????????? ????? ?????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ?? ? ?????? ?????????? ????? ????? ?????? ??? ????? ????? ???? ????? ???? ??????? ??? ?? ???? ????? ?? ????? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ? ??? ??? ???? ??? ????? ????? ???? ??? ?????? ?????? ??? ????? ????????? ??????------------
-------------------
Daniel J. Haverlock
'99 Magnum Count: 801
Is it May yet?
www.popworld.com/dan

Dan, you always seem to say things better than I can, bravo, for the last post!!
-------------
Likes her coasters like her men, fast and furious!
Disaster Transport is awsome!! A little short, but awsome, very exciting, and should NOT be torn down! Yes, special effects may stink, but just take them away and make EVERYTHING pitch black!
It only took two weeks on the new board...

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service