Magnum plans to Magnum reality

Ok, maybe Dan or Jeff can help me on this. I sent a nice typed up business letter to Cedar Point a couple of months ago and they sent me Millennium Force stuff, Meanstreak and Magnum layouts, maps, etc. Now on the Magnum layout there is only one tunnel - the last one(with the smoke). And the turn around isn't right. This is hard to explain. Ok picture in your mind the turn around. The first of the two turns goes around and goes under the track coming from the big hill. Then it goes over the one that returns to the station. It's my understanding that the turn around goes over both tracks. Was this layout just to give a general idea about the tunnels and turnaround, or was it planned differently than it was made. *** This post was edit by CPgenius on 12/8/99. ***
Are you able to scan the blue prints and post them online? I wanna see this.

-------------
At the dawn of the new millennium they all bowed down to CP realizing they lost the war.
From what I understand when something goes from plans to reality there is always variations. Due to mostly things not working out as you had planned, such as differences in the parts ordered, cost overruns-which means things need cut or removed. Bear and mind though this is based on what I know of building construction, I am sure Roller coasters are a different story though
-------------
"Meesa Okee Day"-Jar Jar Binks
CP Folklore has told me that Magnum's turnaround was orginally designed differently then what was built in '88/'89. I have no clue what the orginal design was if any. I have also been told that the ending to Mean Steak was supposed to be different than what was built. Apparently Summers thought the wild ending he designed would tear up the track too much so he tamed it down. *** Now once again these are just stories that I hear from other PO!NTERS who have been around a lot longer than I have*** Just passing stories down from generation to generation.

-------------
-------------------
Daniel J. Haverlock
'99 Magnum Count: 801
Is it May yet?
www.popworld.com/dan
Hey CPGenius, if you and everyone else go over to my site and go to the Magnum section and click on the Mangum Layout I was just curious if one I have on my site is the same as yours.
-------------
-------------------
Daniel J. Haverlock
'99 Magnum Count: 801
Is it May yet?
www.popworld.com/dan
That's the one.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service