Mean Streak Unleashed? (Part 2 Rebuttal)

I didnt realize I was opening up such a can of worms, but since I did here comes some more. After reading 27 replies so far I agree with some points but disagree with more. First of all, lets put an end to the people cant find the mean streak crap. Unless you're a complete moran with no sense of direction at all, you can find this ride easily. Think about it. If you've been to cp even one time, you're going to remember how to get to it. So that leaves the first timers. Anybody take a good look at the skyline of the park coming down the causeway. You can not only see the mean streak, you can also tell that its in the back of the park. Even not knowing what coaster it is, after recieving a map and givin how well the park is layed out, come on people lets give the common general public idiot a little bit of credit, I mean all you have to do, is pretty much walk straight ahead and it will slap you right in the face. Its not like theres that many directions to choose from. Also, the main reason the lines are so short anymore is because theres about a hundred other things to do(Oh Yea including, 12 other coasters). What do you think is going to happen to the other coaster queues when MF opens? You can only park so many cars which means you can only get so many people in the park. Thus, the more attractions, the more the people are spread out resulting in shorter waiting lines. Now, the issue at hand. Any time metal or steel is squealing on anything not just coasters its telling you Im in dire need of anything that will make me feel better and shut up. Translation; keep the necessary parts of the trains and track lubed up in one way or the other. Its practical,inexpensive and just plain common sense. As for the carpenters and it creating a safety hazzard to do this, I dont buy it. Theyre getting paid to do a job and that goes with the territory. Did I mention that I love the Mean Streak? Sure this ride is a little rough, its going to be. Thats the nature of wooden coas???? ???? ????? ????? ??? ???? ??? ????? ??????? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??????? ??? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ??? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ???? ??? ????? ??????? ?? ???? ??? ????? ????? ??????? ??????????? ???? ??? ???? ?? ?????? ??? ????? ?? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ? ????? ???? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ??? ??? ????? ????? ? ?????? ????? ??? ??? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??????? ?????? ?????? ???? ?? ??????? ???? ??????? ?? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ???? ?? ???????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?????????? ??? ???? ??? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?? ??????? ??? ?? ?? ???? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??????? ??? ?? ??? ????? ???? ??? ?????? ??????? ????? ??? ?????? ????? ?? ??????? ?????? ???? ???? ?? ?????? ????? ? ??? ?? ?? ????? ???????? ??? ?? ? ?????? ????? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??????? ????? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ??? ???? ????????? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ???????? ??????? ??? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ??? ??????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?????? ??? ????? ??????? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ????? ??? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ????????? ?? ?????????? ???? ???? ?????? ???? ?? ??? ??? ????? ??????? ????????? ??? ????? ???? ???? ?? ????? ??? ??? ????? ? ????? ??? ??? ????? ??? ????? ??? ????? ??????? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ???????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ???? ??? ????? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ????? ????? ? ???????? ????? ???? ??? ????? ?? ?? ????? ? ?????? ???? ??? ??????????? ???? ??? ??? ??? ????? ????? ?????? ????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ???????? ? ?????? ??? ????? ???? ????????? ???? ??????? ???? ???????? ??? ???? ??? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????????? ?? ???????? ???
oh my!

-------------
Jeremy M Johnson
cedarpointer@aol.com
WOW!

-------------
Likes her coasters like her men, fast and furious!
The biggest reason that MS is hard to find is that it appears to be on the Gemini Midway trail, and not the Frontierland.
The Beast is in the back of the park at PKI and you can't even see it in the park, yet the lines are always long. So when someone says they can't see Mean Streak, it makes me wonder. It's ranked 135 for a reason. The lines are not as long for a reason. New cars that Jeff was talking about from the first post would be great. That way, maybe they wouldn't have to hire as many carpenters to take care of it and the ride will have a longer history. Sure, they can re-track it, but we will be talking about this subjet all over again in a few years. *** This post was edit by net on 12/7/99. ***
I got a little long winded up top there and kind of cut myself short. However there was a couple of more points I wanted to make. Getting back to whether there should be some kind of lubrication on the Mean Streak. Try this little experiment when you get a chance. Put the palms of your hands together and rub them back and forth really hard and really fast for an extended period of time. After just a few seconds they start to get very hot and very uncomfortable. Now, think about what it would do to your skin if you were to do this all day long for over a 100 straight days. Next, try the same little experiment, only this time, lather up real good with either a bar of, or some liquid soap. The difference is amazing. So lets think about the MS and how it feels every time the dry steel wheels of the trains go grinding across the dry steel track. Do you see what I'm driving at? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. We wonder how the grooves are formed in the track rails? What makes more sense to all of you? A) the unbelievable friction between the steel without proper lubrication or B) the lack of two little puddin pie trim brakes that were allowing the trains to go to fast and cut up the tracks. Are you kidding me man!? If the answer is B then can somebody tell me why it took them over two years to figure this out? Not to sound repetitive but lose the bleepin trims. They are useless,terrible and just one more thing you have maintenance on. In fact, who ever believes that the trims on the first drop are going to save this ride from a fate worse then death also believes that they're going to become the soul owner of Cedar Point tomorrow. More on this later.
Hmmm... really, who is the "soul" owner of CP? That's a good question. I'd like to think I own a tiny little bit of its soul...

-------------
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service