Paintjob?

Cedar Point's coasters direly need a paintjob. Especially the Mantis and Magnum. I think either this year, when they are done building MF, or next year they should repaint the red part of Mantis and Magnum. We all know that red is the absolute worst color you can build a roller coaster out of because it fades terribly. I know that this has been discussed briefly before, but do you think that they will repaint them? Personally I think that they should have done it to Magnum this past year because it would have looked all spiffy for it's 10th birthday.

*** This post was edit by CPgenius on 12/6/99. *** *** This post was edit by CPgenius on 12/6/99. ***
Magnum is orange, not red. What they should do is repaint all the coasters a different color than what they already are. Make Magnum green, Raptor blue, Corkscrew red, you get the drift. It would be a great marketing gimick.

-------------
At the dawn of the new millennium they all bowed down to CP realizing they lost the war.
*** This post was edit by cpboy on 12/6/99. ***
The Raptor actually is rusting in spots...so I would take care of that first. To answer your question, compared to other parks, and I have been to a lot of them, CP has nothing to be ashamed of. Their coasters are in great shape all-around, other than all that seagull poop. Maybe a good scrubing is all they need.
Speaking of the seagull poop, Cp needs to build a car wash neer the toll booths for people to use when they go home. They could make a fortune off of my idea.

-------------
At the dawn of the new millennium they all bowed down to CP realizing they lost the war.
I stand corrected, but it has still faded farely bad.

*** This post was edit by CPgenius on 12/6/99. *** *** This post was edit by CPgenius on 12/6/99. ***
I noticed that Raptor was rusting too. I just wonder if it will still be safe to operate in about 10-15 years of continued rusting.

-------------
nah, there's ways to fix that...they've got to expect SOME rusting now and then...Batman at SFGAm is rusting too,at less than 10 years old, but the Demon, at 23 years old, is not. could it be something to do with inverteds?

-------------
"I think I scrambled my brain!!"
The only parts on Raptor that are rusting are the rails, and that's because B&M didn't want the rails painted for some reason. All the B&M rides are like that, except for some newer ones that are painted. Don't know why the change in policy on those rides. Just by looking at the rails, the rust only appears to by light surface rust. It should be many, many years before they need to be replaced. An interesting thing about Millennium Force is that the rails are painted, except where the wheels contact the rails. This seems like a great solution and would probably work on Raptor and Mantis also.
Well after a major rain delay the Raptor Rust is a problem. My brother had a shirt stained pretty well from the Raptor rust. The ride op that was doing speils at that time said that CP is not responsible to to any damage or stains to the guests clothing.

Ohh one more thing Magnum's orange.

-------------
-------------------
Daniel J. Haverlock
'99 Magnum Count: 801
Is it May yet?
www.popworld.com/dan
I'd have to say more of a vermillion...
:)
I think they should repaint the rides but keep them the colors they already are.
The one thing I noticed when I was at BGW was that all the rides and coasters looked like new. I must say that they LOOKED much better than any CP coaster. They did not ride as good however.

-------------
AKA: bodyin thewaterball fountain.

Paddlewheel Excursions: 12
Jokes on PE: 120
Don't forget that the winters in VA aren't as harsh on coasters as the ones up north. I agree that most (not MS) of CP's coasters seem to ride really well...

-Matt
Yes but they have stated that they paint them every 5 to 10 years. That is their claim to fame though. They have the most beautiful park award (RCT hehe).

-------------

Forgot to mention that they get 100 mph winds, lashing rain, sleet, hail, as well as falling fish. Hurricanes can be much more strenuouse than snow and cold weather on a roller coaster. This is just a guess but this may be why we have yet to see a woody on the lower Eastern seabored.
-------------

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service