What is Fascination?

In all the years I've been to CP, I've never paid attention to Fascination... I'm mad cuz now it's gone. 

What was it? 

Fascination was a $.25 game similar to Bingo, in a way. You got two rubber balls you had to roll into your playing field, a 5x5 lineup of holes. Whatever hole the balls went into, lights representing those holes would light up. The first person to light up a line of 5 would win, receiving 1 ticket (or more if certain rows were lit up - the very top row was worth more, so was the next-to-the-bottom row). Those tickets were good forever, and you could save them from year to year before cashing them in for prizes -- everything from typical novelty stuff to televisions/vcrs and so forth, the bigger prizes would be worth hundreds of tickets.

Fascination was first installed at Cedar Point nearly 40 years ago, and was a favorite for ages young and old, being a simple, easy-to-learn and play game. A shame that it was taken out, but that's CP's call about economy, profit, maintenance, etc.

-------------
PO!NT OF VIEW - A Different Look at Roller Coasters
http://www.crosswinds.net/~justmayntz/thrills/

I could be wrong, but I think they're are only two fascination games left in the world. One is at conneaut lake park and the other is at knoebels.

I was up at Knoebel's 8/4, and they had an interesting twist on the Fascination game.  It was .40 per game, but every half-hour or so, they'd play a "cover-all" game for $1.00, with the winner getting something like 25-50 tickets.  I was the first one they announced that had 24 holes filled, but I couldn't quite get the 25th before someone a few tables over beat me to it. 

Great fun, that!

-----------------
Duane Cahill
Cedar Point - One small part of a whole big life.

Actually theres another one up in Reno, Nevada at Circus Circus Reno. We used to have Facination down here at the Circus Circus Las Vegas midway, but it has been taken out in favor of new games. The Las Vegas midway has a higher rate of turn over for games.
Mr. Cahill - you were at Knoebels August 4th?  So was I!  The wife and I even played Fascination - started playing just before the rain hit mid-afternoon.  We stayed for a cover-all as well - I was the second to 24, but couldn't get that last damn ball to drop ...  Jeez, talk about a small world ...
Six Flags Darien Lake has one too.  :)
-----------------
daniel j. haverlock
Magnum: 552/1817

Good to know that there are still plenty of places that I can go for a good game. :)

-------------
PO!NT OF VIEW - A Different Look at Roller Coasters
http://www.crosswinds.net/~justmayntz/thrills/

Indiana Beach has one.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service