Cp Fast pass

I was just wondering if Cp had a Fastpass system. Because another site I was looking at talked about some sort of "Freeway Pass" system for the coasters of Cp. I never heard or seen such a thing.

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

They freeway pass was ended I think in the 2005 season. And no they also dont have a cut the line program. Unless you get the VIP tickets.

Let's Get Weird.

^and for that I am very grateful. Also there is the handicapped entrance program. But that's not really cutting in line... it's just not waiting in the queue.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I wish all parks had no cut the line program. It just makes the general line even longer.

I don't mind the VIP program because it is rare that you even see them a lot.

^That is unless your special like Tim. ;)

Let's Get Weird.

That Tim, he really gets to me.... :(

The Freeway system was highly flawed in many ways, and I personally understand why it isn't around anymore.

It is highly debated, but I think a pay fastpass system is a smart idea as long as it is priced right and it actually works.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Pay to get in the park and then pay to ride the rides. They really should start charging us to use the bathroom.

-Eric

The long and the short of it is, the program was discontinued due to abuse by guests, complaints, and budget cuts.

airee85 said:
Pay to get in the park and then pay to ride the rides. They really should start charging us to use the bathroom.

Women were once charged to use the restroom at the park. I believe the fee was a dime... not to mention that it was quite some time ago.

Last edited by DBCP,

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

airee85 said:

Don't give them any ideas. Stock price is down and it may create new ways for even more revenue to pay off debt from the Paramount purchase.

Last edited by Bill Abele,

Bill Abele

In other countries they do make you pay to use a restroom. Imagine our surprise when we arrived in Paris and the sign for the bathroom pointed to a storefront style restroom called "McClean American-style toilets". You had to pay, I think it was 75 francs or something. I can't remember the amount, but roughly .50 USD. And it is like that all over Paris, no public loos anywhere, you have to pay for them.

Anyway, if you pay for a fastpass system, its optional, not required. I think if they were going to do that, they'd have to do it Disney-style, with careful monintoring of how many passes they are giving out per hour. Otherwise, forget it.

PissyMissy said:
In other countries they do make you pay to use a restroom. Imagine our surprise when we arrived in Paris and the sign for the bathroom pointed to a storefront style restroom called "McClean American-style toilets". You had to pay, I think it was 75 francs or something. I can't remember the amount, but roughly .50 USD. And it is like that all over Paris, no public loos anywhere, you have to pay for them.

Anyway, if you pay for a fastpass system, its optional, not required. I think if they were going to do that, they'd have to do it Disney-style, with careful monintoring of how many passes they are giving out per hour. Otherwise, forget it.

Well the idea is to make it look like a precieved value to the consumer & in order to do that they've gotta make the regular queue much longer than it would be otherwise....in short they need to create a demand for the service.

If you want to get up the exits and not wait in line just go to Park operations when you get in the park and tell them that you can't stand for long periods of time. The people in Park Operations will have to give you a special access slip then. It is against the law to have them prove you are disabled so they have to take your word for it. Trust me, it happens all the time.

^Oh thats great just lie to the park and maybe hurt the feelings of someone who is dissabled or has a hard time standing for long periods of time.

Let's Get Weird.

Theres not really a point in doing that, since you still have to wait anyway. It's almost as bad as waiting in the actual line, the only good thing about it is, yeah you get the front seat. But after they stamp your time you can't ride anything else, and what else are you going to do for an hour anyway? It's a lot of sitting around, and it's not any more fun than waiting in the actual line. Oh wait, it is a little worse.. because you have to walk around with a disabled person all day. :-/

Last edited by Ryan06,

Ryaи.L мsυ '11 || Cedar ρoıиt Adмıssıoиs 07·09 || Disиey 2010-2011

^ In short, don't lie to the park. No one benefits from that, not even you.

Just enjoy the line and go with the flow.

Anyone else seem to have the same opinion that the more "Thee Top Dog" opens his mouth around here, the less respect they have for him?

Yeah, because I can't be the only one.

Last edited by e x i t english,

I'll jump into that party, especially when someone advocates faking a handicap so that they don't have to wait in line.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Yeah Im in. LOL Paid BGSU a Million $s. yeah right

Let's Get Weird.

Parent swap is very important to those that love to ride but have little ones that can't. TTD and MF are impossible without it (with smaller kids that is). We are very grateful for this! And yes I waited as long as the rest and I was in charge of a little one in a place that isn't always very little one friendly and I would argue that this is much harder to do than standing in line. :) Looks like the new Peanuts Playground aea will be a much needed little one friendly place in 08 and we are looking forward to this.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service