Yellow train out of service 6/26...

It was a Sunday, but it was a Saturday crowd, and every time I looked, the yellow train was sitting on the storage track. Anybody heard any reasons why?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Millennium Force ran two train operation for most of the day on Sunday, but the yellow train was put back on the track for three train operation around 9:00.

Official Cedar Point Alumni
Ride Photo 2005-2006

Yea I've never seen it dispatch that slow before.

2005 Season- 5 visits
maXair- 4 Spins
Dragster- 36 and ONE ROLLBACK

On the first day of my visit, heres a little tidbit of what they did. [6/20]

I got in line, and was sent out to the airgates. The train infront of me was launched. I get into my train, and we got the ready, but no clear. Op picks up red phone, and we are told to go back behind airgates. The train I was supposed to be on launched, and yellow was transfered in. Were told to get on yellow, and as soon as we sit down, were told to go behind the airgates. As soon as the ops finish securing seatbelts and pushing down restraints, op tells them that they are being released and to send out a train.

Talk about chaotic.

<3Mav

Are you talking about MF'S operation or your post?

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Yea he is, I was confused too. By launched he means dispatched.

I thought he was talking about Dragster for a second.:)
But yeah, I think he meant dispatched.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I went earlier in June, and they were having trouble with the Yellow train. Maybe it's a curse of the green train...lol.

Rode MF around 6-7PM or so on Sunday (my first time ever no less...far too long since I had been back to the Point!) and saw a maintance worked changing an outer wheel on the yellow train as we ascended the ramp into the station.

Unrelated - this was my first trip back to CP since about 97! After Coastermania that year I moved to AZ and have been without coasters entirely :( Finally managed to plan a summer trip to visit my parents and leave enough time for a CP trip. I didn't think it seemed that busy for a sunday but then again I haven't been there in a LONG time ;) It did seem that everything was understaffed though making for longer waits than necessary - from food to rides to shops it all just seemed like the employees were outnumbered and overworked which I wasn't used to seeing at CP.

MF and TTD were both less than 1.5 hour waits and they were the longest we waited for anything. Didn't get to Raptor or Mantis though (My GF was with me and has ankle issues so we choose to skip Mantis, Raptor I can only ride in the front and didn't want to wait that long.) Of the smaller coasters the longest wait was actually for Blue Streak - at least half an hour. Man do I wish they had never gotten rid of the skids and old restraints, the new system is so annoyingly slow :(

They seem to like taking the yellow train off of the circut it seems. Last year it was taken off while I was on the ramp, right beside the transfer track section, and then it happened again this year while I was waiting for front seat.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

I'm glad to hear you got to ride MF jhitesma. Tell me how you loved it.... ;)

Millennium Force Laps-168
**Vertigo Launches-21**
Dragster Launches-52

We had to transfer trains on and off all the time. Anything from anti-rollbacks dragging up the lift, to a wheel starting to web. You would be amazed at how many wheels each train goes through. If you are fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to be near the load station when a transfer has to take place, you can laugh at the ride hosts as we have to manually push or pull on the "automatic" "Bessy the Transfer Table".... I always loved it because guests would want to help push or pull it, but they weren't permitted to, and when it would be real stubborn, the crowd would applaud when you finally got it moving again... good times..

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Last year during Halloweekends, I believe it was on a Friday night, we were in the loading station going to be on the next train, and then the yellow train pulled in but the air gates did not open. The train sat there for a minute or two then they said something was wrong with it, so they transfered it off and then the ride just continuted going. When we got back, we sat on the brakes outside the station for a few minutes while they were bringing the yellow train back into operation. So what my question is, is the train quicky inspected by the computer making sure all parts are working right before the air gates open to load up the train? Thats what I was wondering but they got the train fixed very quickly that day last year.

Could have overshot the station. The nature of the breakdown could be so many things, it's hard to speculate what might have been wrong.

Again... I think far too often think that the computer systems on these rides are doing more than we think as far as "train inspection" goes. Yes, the computers are incredibly complex, and the proxy switches keep track of tons of information, but as far as the trains go, there is nothing in the control system that detects if lapbars or seatbelts are undone, or the condition of trains or wheels. What probably happened in the case of Randinator is that an issue was seen visually on the yellow train, and it was then manually tranferred off. By the time you got back to the station, maintenence had cleared it back into operation. It happened many times last season.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service