Who will be there May 18th for Physics day 2006

Whos schools are going to be there for physics day? And does anyone know if north ridgevilles is going? (just asking because i know a few people that are from north ridgeville) Im trying to bug my teacher as much as i can!!! One of the teachers said the only problem would be busing but hopefully our class will go also.

Your class could do what my class did way back when. As a class (125+) we all rented buses and had them pick us up at the school. I think we had three or four buses total and had a "chaperone" on each bus.

I remember that they parked in the bus parking area and the buses just happened to be right next to the water and about 10 kids got high as kites and started jumping in the lake. That was my first trip to the park without any family and that day was pure debauchry.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

well the problem is the school system is poor. I dont know if walt knows because he lives in ridgeville but we get almost 0 funding. I go to two schools though half day at the richest school in ohio and half at one of the poorer schools. we have all the busses but they dont run them for the high school and we would have to pay a lot of money in gas and drivers. but we went one year in like 7th grade. and we were fine but ya we just have to get the busses this time.

I don't know if our Senior Physics classes are going to get to go this year. We're in a bad financial state right now, and if we don't pass our operating levy this May, we'll be going into State Receivership. That combined with the fact that our teachers are relatively close to going on strike because they don't have a contract, leads me to believe we won't get to go to Physics Day this year... :(

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Why dont you guys get with your teachers, figure out how much this is going to cost, and raise the money with car washes or something like that?

I'll probably spend some time there in the early morning that day.

well the stuff has been taken to the principal so we will know in a few days to about a week at the most but it looks good.

Rules from a demon drop ride host on physics day....

1. Please... tell your teachers that you can't bring accelerometers on the ride... no lose articles means NO ACCELEROMETERS.

2. okay... no laptops on demon drop... yeah, we had prople try to take computers on the ride.

3. No ti-83's on demon drop. okay... this goes with the laptops... please leave the ti-83 or any other graphing calculator in the bus or with a non rider. Don't take it on with insturments hooked up to it.

4. Don't come on with the big vest that is full of measuring devices. yeah... we don't let that on either. leave the thing behind. The shoulder harness can mess it up and you can get hurt.

5. NO MEASURING DEVICES ON THE DEMON DROP... i don't think i can say it enough.

6. THe string with a washer on it.... leave that behind too, if you drop it 130 feet up it hurts when it slams into the ride ops head at the bottom of the tower leaving for break... trust me I know.

7. Penny trick... same as above... those things hurt when they hit someone below.

8. DON"T DROP A BASEBALL FROM THE TOWER. Okay... seems obivous but it happened when i was there.

9. Things the ride op at entrance should be able to tell you... Height in feet, top speed in MPH. Thats about it. Most won't know the length of the drop, unless the really love the ride.

10. If you are going to measure arround the carrousel... do it quickly and take your seat.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

Well the Midview high physics classes will be there.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service