What will we expect different/new in 2004

Does anybody know just about everything that will be redone/remodified since the 2003 season? Including anything that will be redone? Just curious.
Raptor Entrance, Gemini airgates, Breakers Rotunda roof.
I think Blue Streak got airgates too.

------------------
'04 TL Power Tower
'03 WT crew/ATL Sky Ride
'02 WT crew

Iron Dragon paint job...

There are a few other things around that have been modified or re-painted. I'm just going to wait and see how long before people notice and post it.. :)

------------------
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82

Speaking of Gemini air gates has anyone seen the station platform. Last I heard was that along with air gates they were going to level the middle of the station and get ride of the 2 steps right before the infamous YELLOW SAFETY LINE. I'm just curious to see how it turned out.

------------------
Mine Ride/Gemini 2003
Top Thrill Dragster 2004

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!

About 1 hour, 15 minutes. :) Magnum XL-200 got a fresh coat of paint.

What about Lighthouse Point? When's that supposed to be done by?

Also TTD has hopefully been modified a bit to bring it to full capacity life.

------------------
You 18 yet? Alright...

Some trash bins moved to different places. Soak City being modified for that new thing. Donut Time and Game Day Grille. New flowers in some places. Probably recorded speils on most of the other rides, I hope not though. All the monitors in the Millenium Force photo booth will be working. Dunno about any other updates at the moment ;)
whats the point of moving raptor's entrance over by just a few feet anyway?
To help the flow of foot traffic by pointing the entrance of the ride towards the entrance gates.

------------------
Everything that has a beginning has an end.

The Matrix Revolutions

I'm still trying to figure out what is happening here:

http://www.virtualmidway.com/features/offseason04/10.jpg

I'm trying to get my bearings as to exactly where in the park this is. I see Breakers and a Magnum tunnel in the background.

------------------
I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead
http://www.webtechnik.com/ebony/CPLady.htm

It's the road to the Breakers. Soak City parking lot on the left, Gemini parking lot on the right. It looked like they were preparing to move the guard booth from the Breakers' side of Magnum to that new spot.

------------------
Walt Schmidt
Virtual Midway

Perhaps that will allow them to squeeze a few more parking spaces into the Breakers lot. I know it gets pretty full on some of those mid-summer weekends.

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew
2003 Magnum Crew
2004 Magnum ATL

If they were to move the guard booth there, I'm sure it would vastly discourage employees from parking in the Gemini lot during parking ban days, as they could easily see who and who wasn't an employee by their apparel.

------------------

The Matrix Revolutions

Are you guys 100% sure that Gemini will only be able to run 2 red trains and 2 blue trains, I mean if the line gets all the way out to the midway, it will be over an hour long.

randinator said:
I mean if the line gets all the way out to the midway, it will be over an hour long.

How do you figure? With four trains, it'll still have just as good, if not better, capacity than any other of CP's coasters still, an that queue isn't nearly as long as most of the major coasters'.

------------------
"Distance runners are experts at pain, discomfort, and fear."

I don't think anyone cares.....but Monster got a nice big overhaul this offseason. So hopefully it'll work all summer long.

------------------
Monster/W.W. Crew '04
Monster/W.W. Crew '03

Monster is one of my favorite rides. I care, thanks for the info!

------------------
I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I still say that these days, Gemini can do fine with four trains. That much I'll agree with, grudgingly, just because there are enough other rides up there to handle the load.

The problem on Gemini comes when one side breaks down, which seems to happen with appalling regularity these days. The ride is fine with four trains, but with two, it's an absolute nightmare. When things go wrong, it really needs to be able to run three.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

So does that mean on their slow days they'll keep the other two trains on the transfer track by the lifthill?

------------------
Favorite Thrilling Coaster:: Millennium Force
Favorite Intense Coaster::Top Thrill Dragster

I wouldn't be surprised if they just keep the other two trains off of the transfer tracks for the season. If they can't hit interval with the addition of air gates, then there is no need to have the trains at all.

------------------

The Matrix Revolutions

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service