What will Cedar Point look like in 2020

I have been thinking about this all day, what will the park look like in 6 years? I think it will look largely the same, maybe with a dark ride and a new prefabricated wooden coaster (Kinda like El Toro).Maybe with a couple of rides taken out. I also think the area behind Raptor will be revamped. What do you guys think?

The god of speculation

I think CP is through with woodies. The 2 that they have (BS, MS) and the 2 that everyone thinks that they have (CCMR & Gemini ((G?))) are enough.

They seem to like the cheaper woodies for smaller parks (WOF, VF, etc) but not for the Big 4 parks. Or even KD or Dorney.

I'd predict that Cedar's Dorms would be gone, but I'd have predicted that 20 years ago. :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

I on the other hand, think CP needs a wood coaster with the trash they have now. Mean Streak is really bad and will never get any better unless RMC does something with it, and Blue Streak is nothing special.

Gemini, is not a wood coaster.

That is the one thing the park really does need.. A brand spankin' new GCI twister. They have a solid lineup of steel coasters, time for the other option...

Anywho... Sorry, I am just bitter we have such dreadful wood options at CP with such amazing steel rides...

Last edited by Invertalon,

-Steve

Blue Streak is historical, man!

I certainly wouldn't expect to see Cedars live to see 2019.

The question was what will CP look like in 2020--not what anyone thinks it should look like.

I don't know if Ghostrider at Knott's was CF's first addition or the previous owners' last, but if it was CF's work, that was 16 years ago. They have owned DP for over 20 years--they've added 7 steel coasters (Hydra, Possesed, Steel Force, Stinger, Talon, the Wild Mouse and Woodstock Express), ZERO wood. CF hasn't added wood to CP in 23 years, and never to KI or Canada's Wonderland.

In their big parks CF seems to prefer high capacity steel, there is no evidence that they think CP "needs a wood coaster." And even if they did, why do we think that they would build one instead of highly promotable steel coaster ("First Terra-Coaster." "Gatekeeper Breaks 7 World's Records")?

CF could care less if Gemini is a Wood Coaster. Most nonenthusiasts think it (and CCMR) are wood coasters and, in any event, CP will not be getting a coaster merely because it looks like, or even is, a wood coaster.

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

topthrilldragster4lyf said:
Blue Streak is historical, man!

I certainly wouldn't expect to see Cedars live to see 2019.

It may be historical, but that has nothing to do with my ride experience!

I like Blue Streak, don't get me wrong. And Mean Streak is not that bad. However, compared to the world class steel collection the park has, they are nowhere close to the same level. It is just wishful thinking on my part to really round off the entire collection.

Last edited by Invertalon,

-Steve

buckeyesbrownsindianscavs said:
I have been thinking about this all day

Just...wow. May I ask what you do for a living? (other than think about CP 2020 that is..)

I'm going to say high school kid.

TriumphBonneville said:
I'm going to say high school kid.

You are exactly right. I am a freshman in high school that is on summer vacation with absolutely nothing better to do. You nailed it.

The god of speculation

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service