What is Different about Halloweekends in 2007?

Has anybody noticed anything different for Halloweekends this year? Any new displays etc. or things missing from previous years. Of course the parade is new and Monster rock is different.

I noticed that the drive-in movie display with the skeletons in the cars is not by Wildcat this year.

The faces/masks are not on the upper porch railing in front of the Coliseum.

The big chairs that the monsters sat in at the entrance of Fear Faire aren't there. They are in Fear Faire I haven't seen anybody in them.

Also, wasn't there a school bus parked on the Main Midway next to the french fry stand just before the path that goes under Raptor to Blue Streak? Some sort of engineering school or something on it.

There's a parade!

The skeleton barbershop quartet that used to sit on the Albert (CP&LE RR) pavilion at the entrance to the Frontier Trail isn't there this year; the group seems to be on top of one of the food stands on the Main Midway instead.

You just reminded me. The quartet has been replaced with various skeletons singing different songs being projected on a sheer white background in front of Albert. I watched some of these, they are pretty good. The skeketons singing Day-o was funny.

Just a few steps away the man with no body that talked to the crowd before Fright Zone's entrance is gone.

I've noticed that the music throuhout the park isn't as loud as it was during the summer or at any time in the past. There are many songs I've heard previuos Halloweekends I've not heard this year. Unfortunately I don't know the names of most of them. I'd have to hear them.

The King and Queen's chairs/thrones are inside Fear Faire.

Come to think of it the only bus I've seen is the one near Magnum...

The Fright Zone welcome with the skeleton man is missing.

Seems as though there is a general amount of hay and corn stalks missing, compare to previous years...

Dick Kinzel's skeleton in his office.

The barbershop quartet is now above the Pizza Patio, where the visual dancing/singing skeleton used to be, and the skeleton is now where the barbershop quartet was. I think they made more sense the other way around...

There really is a lot missing, but it's still early. They usually are stilling putting things in for several weeks into HalloWeekends.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

I noticed the boner guy was gone and replaced with a recorded loop. That guy was a real draw. (That is, the guy with just bones below the waist... he was always the "boner guy" to some of us.)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

There is a White Water Landing memory sign in the Cemetary Plot under the Sky Ride. :)

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

I was sad to see the boner guy go. You need something there, but I guess they have the interactive skull at the other end.

2008-2010 VIP Guide
2007-2010 Screamster

Maybe I just came on the wrong night, but there was no one with a chainsaw in CarnEvil. :( The two cymbal monkeys almost made up for it though. I was also disappointed by the lack of the Fright Zone boner guy.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

It seems like they add various zones, which is great, but at the same time they seem to take away props and decorations each year. Losing the Fright Zone warning guy is a huge blow in my opinion.

Which bus is missing? I hope it is not the bus that had the smog machine in it and a spider on the front that spins occassionally.

I think that bus is the one near Magnum.

I did not see the chainsaw guy on either weekend so far.

I haven't noticed any screamsters rolling out with the skates on their knees this year.

I was there the first weekend so i'm not sure if this has changed yet, but something very simple: The Coasters Drive In restaurant would say DIE IN instead of DRIVE IN. They didnt have it switched when i was there.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I'm fond of the crashed UFO in between Sky Ride and Coasters... a simple, but cool effect... it'd be nice if it had some fog effects in/around it.

2003 - Wicked Twister
2004 - Wicked Twister/Top Thrill Dragster

I never liked the connection of UFOs and Halloween. I was never too keen on the ancient Egypt connection either. To me, those things just don't yell out Halloween to me.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Last year we were very amused by a talking box right before Fright Zone (coming from MF). We must've talked to it for an hour about random things... asking it why the Browns stunk and such ;). It was the highlight of our weekend (doesn't take much to amuse us small town folk). So did someone say that it's not back? I think last year was the first time I ever saw this and I was really looking forward to chatting with the box in a couple weeks. :(

There is no king and queen in Fear Faire this year, therefore no need to have the thrones out front. A couple people in the area by where they are now incorporate them into their scares on occasion.

As for a slight lack of some of the theming around the park, they did have one less week to get the place ready than they have in the past.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

As for the chainsaw guy, the chainsaw is temporarily out of order, and we do not know when it will be up and running again. We did ressurect the trach can though.

Yeah, I shamelessly plugged myself. Deal with it.

11 years.

Has anything been added after the first weekend as they have often done in years past?

I noticed yesterday that someone had brought in a small homemade tombstone and had put GEAUGA LAKE on it and placed it with the other tombstones. Next trip around I noticed it missing. Someone must have done it for a photo or a prank.

I also have noticed things missing here and there but we still had a blast and will be going up for two more stays this season. I just can't get enough of CP at Halloweekends, it is our favorite time of year. We actually prefer it over the regular season visits. The whole atmosphere it is just so different. Anyone who hasn't been there during this time you are missing a real treat.

Edited because the weekends are hallow not hollow duh
*** Edited 9/30/2007 11:38:09 PM UTC by jojo1***

The park looked great today. They switched some things around but all was in good taste. The decor was plentiful and I particularly liked the flowerbed area with all of the exec's skeletons and poem type description.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service