weekend of 8/9-8/11 disasterous

I heard the lines last weekend were horrendous! I also heard rides were breaking down left and right. Do you think it was so busy because people are trying to get their last trip in before winding down for school or can we expect this this weekend and next week as well. And are the rides still breaking down left and right or what was the deal with that? I heard guest services got a bunch of complaints for hours of wasted time and people were demanding refunds.

This week may still be crowded. I'm expecting crowds to thin next week.

CPgoer said:
I heard the lines last weekend were horrendous! I also heard rides were breaking down left and right. Do you think it was so busy because people are trying to get their last trip in before winding down for school or can we expect this this weekend and next week as well. And are the rides still breaking down left and right or what was the deal with that? I heard guest services got a bunch of complaints for hours of wasted time and people were demanding refunds.

I was at CP on saturday, and It DID seem like a lot of rides were breaking down. At one point, the skyride was stuck, I was walking past the terminal by the corskcrew, and I just happened to look up, and saw that the skyriders were still! I'm like ,huh? NEVER saw that happen in all my years of being an Ohio resident and CP guest!! WOW...although this is my first year as a season pass holder (with many more to come), I noticed a LOT of ride breakdowns at CP this summer. I thought CP was a little more reliable than this..or maybe they just had an bad season with the break downs.

I was in the park saturday evening and it did seem like many of the ridea were down at one point. Luckily i have a platinum pass and i can go to cedar point just to enjoy the atmosphere and not ride a lot of rides. The line for Millennium Force was easily nearly 3 hours and the same was true with Dragster (when it wasnt broken down. Gatekeepers line would have been less than an hour and a half but one of the trains was out of operation, while at the same time, one train was stopped halfway out the station for about a half hour. In my opnion, it did seem as if this was one of their worst weekends of the summer.

Add the $25 Christmas in July tickets that had to be used by August 11th.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Ok that's a good sign that this weekend/next week shouldn't be a repeat of the lines, I'm still worried about the rides breaking down tho

Nothing you can do about that. Just go and have a great time.

Play the $5 Plinko if you find them with the 4pk ride combo in the middle slot! My kids won us 3-4pks. 2 Millennium Force and 2 GateKeeper skip the lines totaling 16 skip the lines with only 6 tries = $30.

5-MF, 3-TTD, 4-Maverick, 4-GateKeeper. Expire on 10/27

Saving for a "no-kids" Halloweekend Saturday!

Lol kids won you a no skip lines, use them without the kids that won it

Epic parents are epic

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Kids are 6yrs old and are under the 52" height limit and dont want to ride Millennium Force 48"! If they were tall enough, they would be riding!

We went Sunday the 11th and I've never had to park in 38E (back by the Chausse entrance) since Raptor's opening year in 1994. The Soak city lot was about 85% full also. Yes,it was crowded but my strategy was to go on everything that we walked by that had a line under 30 minutes. I still got on tons of rides and a few coasters and even saw this years 5pm All Wheels Extreme show (which was almost full to capacity!). Yep, MF and WT lines were bad but the others weren't awful imo. Sundays are best during the summer (attendance wise) for me usually. I avoid Saturdays like the plague until after Labor Day.

CPfan1976 said:
Sundays are best during the summer (attendance wise) for me usually. I avoid Saturdays like the plague until after Labor Day.

HalloWeekend Saturday's are the worst from what I've heard. I always avoid Saturday's all season long. I only go on that day as a last resort.

Lines were awful...plus i think more and more people are buying the fastlane bands...which slows lines up tremendously...sign said 1 1/2 for MF (back to the vending machines) which seems about right but it took over two hours because for every group in the regular line the same sized group was let in from fastlane.

However I'm getting up in approximately 4 hours to make up for it with a Thursday day-trip. Anyone think I can "walk-on" to gatekeeper? heh heh heh

Before Fast Lane, in front of the Vending machines was about a 45 minute wait.

Thanks coasteraj let me know how the lines are today!

Lines are about normal to slightly above average for a weekday...took 45 mins for MF when I got in line at 945ish and TTD was about 50mins plus the extra 15 mins for the front...but maverick is currently down (my favorite) and so is wicked twister.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service