WCO 2018 New-bie

Finally after all these years we are able to go to WCO. In the past there always seemed to be a conflict in the date. For you seasoned pro's out there I'd appreciate any tips on how to be best prepared. We are normally "winter outdoor" people so I'm not too concerned on layering and dress but there's always that one thing you wish you would've thought of. Also, we are coming from NW IN so this is also a weekend getaway at Castaway. Anything I should know about a day at the water resort? I intentionally nabbed the 8 AM tour tickets to give us waterpark time but now I wonder if that just puts us back at the hotel just as it gets really crowded.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to post pics as the day goes on.

The older I get, the faster the Ride seems to go.

Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for lots of standing. Use the bathroom before departing for the tour I don't recall any of them being open in the park. Don't be afraid to ask questions, my guides in the past have been very passionate about the park and love sharing their knowledge of it.

I don't have anything to add on the Castaway Bay stay.

Have fun!

Agree with the bathroom sentiment. Nothing quite like a table of free coffee and other hot drinks to spend 20-30 minutes grazing over before spending 2-3 hours in the cold weather with no access to a restroom. The men's room at lunch last year was one of the greatest feelings of relief in recent memory.

Cartwright said:

The men's room at lunch last year was one of the greatest feelings of relief in recent memory.

There is a joke in here but I dont think we should explore down that road today.

First ride; Magnum 1994

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service