TTR in 2001?

Will they, they being Cedar Point, have ticket to ride (or whatever it is) for MF in 2001?
First of all, I don't know.

But if they really, honestly were paying attention last year, they will abandon TTR and never ever try anything like that again.

Unfortunately, I did overhear something back in November that suggests that they haven't learned their lesson yet.

So it seems there is a chance they might bring TTR back, but many of us are hoping that doesn't happen. :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
If it ran more like Fast Pass at Disney.. I could see it working.. But I'm sorry.. the way they did it last year, just made me avoid MF unless I was there EARLY AM or after TTR was over.

-------------
MF 2000 - 269 laps

MF 2001 - ???????
I think CP is just fine the way it is. I think the reason they tried TTR is because the #1 complaint people have for CP is lines. You'll see this complain anywhere. So when they introduce a new popular ride they figure they can try a system to reduce this problem and maybe even initiate it on the other rides if it works. Since it didn't, I'd definately expect to see an extremely revised TTR or no TTR at all.

CP needs to face it, lines are going to be bad and there's not much you can do about it so just don't worry and everything should be fine. At least that's how I feel.......

-------------
Trim brakes-a necessity???
(used to be MFistheBEST)
AOL Screen name-SkiDoo8613
but yet they have the fastest moving queue lines in the industry...go to some other parks people andyou'll be glad you have what you do at CP!!

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
mf laps = 100! No More No Less!!
In fact that was one of the problems the first weekend that they tried TTR...in the absence of breakdowns (which, by the way, throw TTR into even more chaos...) the ticket line was moving more slowly than the ride queue until they added a second ticket distributor...and even that didn't help much.

I've only been to one other park that even comes close to Cedar Point in moving people, and that's Hersheypark. I guess Disney used to be pretty good at it, too, until they started with their reservation/ticketing system...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
I think that everyone would welcome TTR if it was like disney's fastpass.

I really can't see them incorparating TTR at all next year.
Boy if this aint the TTR wars all over again. make it stop.

-------------
2000 Raptor Flights: 246
2000 Force Rides: 106
CP pics:
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=429389474
Boy, if we all can't just refer back to the thread I started last fall titled: Ticket To Ride? Or to Wait Longer in Line?
Of all the ideas to grab out of Orlando, why did it have to be TTR?
That's the thing, Bill, it's not like it is in Orlando. At Disney, FastPass works, and works very well. Not only can you save time by using the FastPass system, but there's a standby line for those without tickets. When I was at WDW this Christmas, the regular lines were considerably shorter than they were without FP, and using FP, I was able to get on Tower of Terror AND RnRC within 15 minutes of each other! It was great! Not only that, but the standby lines for both rides were under 45 minutes...much better than the ToT line was 3 years ago. If CP implemented TTR as Disney does FP, I'd be all for it...in its current implementation, it sucks.

Jman

-------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Millennium Force laps: 2
They would reall yhave to limi the # of fast pass's they give out for it to work. ANd have the FP people come up behind the DJ booth right to where the ramp starts like they do with the handicapped people.

Because people, you have to remember that FP doesnt' mean you walk right on usually, it just moves you through about 90% of the line.
-------------
MF 2000 - 269 laps

MF 2001 - ???????

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service