TTD Freeway 2004

Freeway is the best system I feel cedar point can have. I don't like a world where the rich can buy there way to anything they want. It's free! While I don't like the ink all over my arm, It is a pain to wash off and helps prevent people from getting to many stamps. Does any one know how the ticket system they have at walt disney works, How does it prevent people from taking ten tickets. If you take ten, does ticket scalping happen. Also I heard if you stay at a resort you get some kind of pass? Anyway part of the Amusement Park experience is waiting in line. It's as fun as you make it. You can meet people, laugh at first timers, etc. I don't know how many times I saw people get extra scared at the 'rollback sign'. While most people feel that is a dream ride, some didn't like the idea very much.
Personally, I like the system Universal Studios/IoA has.

If you stay in a hotel, you can use your room key to automatically be taken to the "special" line, and dodge the big lines.

That's how I managed to ride the Incredible Hulk 25 times in 3 days when the line could get up to an hour and a half long.

-Josh

------------------
The Point of Cedars
http://www.thepointofcedars.tk
Offseason Fever: Is it May yet?

TTD isn't listed as one of the rides for freeway. Unless they haven't updated the site yet. http://cedarpoint.com/public/inside_park/tips_faq/faqs.cfm

It is under rides and ride policies.

------------------
TTD launches 2 (first launch in front row, second in fourth row)
*** This post was edited by wingnut 4/17/2004 6:02:45 PM ***

how the ticket system they have at walt disney works, How does it prevent people from taking ten tickets.

Fastpass is absolutely the Right Way to do this. You keep your admission ticket, which has a mag-stripe serial # on it. To get a fastpass ticket, you swipe your ticket through the machine, which checks to see if you are eligible for a fastpass. You can only have one fastpass (for *anything*) at one time---so if you pull a fastpass for Big Thunder for 90 minutes from now, you can't get a fastpass for any ride (Big Thunder, Space, whatever) until 90 minutes later. The exception to this is if your "return time" is more than two hours---that's the longest you ever have to wait to pull another fastpass.

This will Never Happen at Cedar Point, for two reasons. One, Disney has a patent on the fastpass system. Two, even if Cedar Fair could build a system not covered by the patent, it would require actual tickets and a host of computational technology that, frankly, current management isn't that fond of. After all, think of all the other places where paper is used in ways surprising to the modern man.

Well, on top of what Brian said, how would you do Fast Pass (in general) with season pass holders? For that matter, how does the Mouse do it?

------------------
TheRealCP :)

I have a current Disneyland annual pass, but it's at home and I'm at work. I'll try to remember to look at it.

Either it has the same magstripe that the tickets have, or they both have barcodes. I *think* it's magstripe, but I'll have to check.

The short answer: it's just like a ticket---they're the same size, and have the same machine-readable information on them.

Edit: well, they aren't quite the same. Tickets (single- or multi-day) are printed on card-stock paper. APs are thinnish plastic; about half the thickness of your standard CP season pass, similar to the standard Six Flags pass.

*** This post was edited by Brian Noble 4/18/2004 7:27:22 PM ***

Disney World annual passes are coated paper with a magnetic strip. If you looked at it, you'd never think it would last a year... Very cheap (inexpensive), but they (generally) last and it's not difficult to get a replacement if it fails before your year is up.

P.S. The "day tickets" purchased at Disney resorts are plastic and much higher quality than the annual passes. I never understood that. It's the day tickets that could (should) be paper and the annuals that should be plastic IMO.

The fast pass system is the best I've seen. The more recent change to allow another fast pass after 2 hours (regardless of the valid times on outstanding fast passes) was a great improvement. I'd like to see Cedar Point do something similar, to the extent that's possible (patents, etc.)

------------------
Hey, I heard a rumor that Millennium Force is sinking...

Cedar Point is doing something simular, the problem are the patents. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe patents protects in such a way that there needs to be a 25% difference or will be infringing on the patent.

They are both using a system that works around waiting in line, that basically means that Cedar Point will have to implement it in a much different fashion. I'm sure Disney does not like the fact that Six Flags and Cedar Fair have implemented simular systems than them. Given the ability, they probably would sue for infringment.

------------------
Eddy the retard is awesome.

I think that CP's fastpass system is great, the only problem with it that I always have is that you kind of have to plan your day around it. You cant want to ride something and then realize you might not make it to your fastpass in time. D'oh!

------------------
Someone better explain what's going on here...or...there will be a lot of explaining to do!

I would like their fastpass system alot better this year if Dragster would be included in it.
I'm not sure if this is news anymore(I haven't browsed much of the site this morning) but they did have freeway for Dragster yesterday(5-8). I know that you have to give them some slack since it was opening day but all those rollbacks (at least during the first half of the day) definitely reminded me of last season.
Millennium Force Laps-136
**Vertigo Launches-21**
Dragster Launches-27
That is great news (TTD using freeway). Freeway IMO is the best of the three (easy to use, and free). Paying for the privlage to stand in line less is bad business, so it is no surprise which of three charges.

Tom

From the looks of it they will start giving Dragster stamps, along with 2 others (forgot which ones) at 2PM everyday. The other 3 rides will begin stamps at 11AM. I think it is a lot better that way and it also works if Draster takes a bit to get up and running in the morning.

------------------
Steve Sergent
TTD: 129 & 5 Rollbacks

I didn't notice the sign but I know for sure today, they gave out TTD freeway before 2 because people were walking up to the ramp with "thrilll 1-2" on their hands, between 1 and 2.
They gave them out to Joe cool and resorts guests because the ride wasn't open for Joe Cool. I think they just kept giving them out after that. I had a 1-2 stamp.

------------------
Steve Sergent
TTD: 129 & 5 Rollbacks

I think it will. It should definitely be running better this year.
On Sunday they were giving out Freeway at about 9:15 am. It was said in another thread this was because the ride was not up for Joe cool and Resort guests. I got there after 1:30p yesterday and the booth was closed, I am assuming they gave them all out for the day. Not that you needed it though yesterday the park was dead..

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service