The I-280 Fiasco

Hey guys - I am heading to the point on Tuesday (one week, yeh!) and I need to know if I-280 is shut down and barred up yet...Please advise...Thanks...

I only ask because I read on here somewhere that it was closing down from the end of May this year until 2006 or something??

Cedar Point - An adventure waiting for everyone.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/

2006 season pass holder.
Go Pistons!!

Here is the ODOT answer to your question as of today:

Interstate 280 – Maumee River Crossing Main Span

Lucas County (493-01) – Motorists on I-280, between I-75 and State Route 2 (Navarre Avenue), may encounter rolling traffic stops and delays of up to fifteen minutes in duration during daytime (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) operations.

I was down I-280 late last week and it was still open. I have not heard of a definate date for closing yet, so I would assume it will be open for at least another week. If it is closed, you can take I-75 to S.R. 795 and go around the bridge. It will add about 20 minutes to your trip if you plan on using Route 2, or you could just take the turnpike (I-80/I-90) and it will only add about 5-10 minutes to your trip.

If you go to the official website for the construction project they have all the details on the upcoming closing.
www.lookuptoledo.org
Hope it helps you.

*** Edited 5/24/2005 4:25:07 PM UTC by causewaycruiser***

To those heading to Cedar Point this Monday June 13th------
Interstate 280 will be closed to all through traffic from interstate 75 to Front street.This is the long term shutdown that was coming.
More info can be found on the official website
www.lookuptoledo.org.

News Release

Beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, June 13, southbound I-280 will close to interstate traffic between I-75 and Front Street in Toledo. Interstate traffic will be detoured via I-75 and S.R. 795. Southbound I-280 will be open for local traffic between I-75 and Front Street, and then again south of Front Street.

At this time, it is anticipated that northbound I-280 will also close at Front Street after June 20. Updated information will be provided as construction progresses.

Commercial vehicles bound for the Port of Toledo may continue to use southbound I-280 to Front Street at this time.

For detailed I-280 Closure information, web users can access the I-280 Maumee River Crossing?s website:

www.lookuptoledo.org

I-280 closure information will be updated on the project website and on ODOT's website, www.buckeyetraffic.org, as conditions warrant.
<!---

Sorry there are no current news releases.
Please check back later.
--->

First trip June 23rd

I love Cedar Point and go as often as I can, but I am not the navigator. I come from Windsor, and the first time I went was summer 2003 and the last time I went was 2 weeks ago. Those two times, and the times inbetween we have gone through a huge area of construction, where it looks like they are building a new freeway above an existing one. Is that the I-280? If not, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Vince,

Yes, that is the I 280. Yor best bet comming from Windsor would be to stay on I 75 all the way to the Ohio turnpike and take that East to CP.

First trip June 23rd

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service