Saturday May 17, 2014

Was anyone else up at the Point on Saturday night? What a wild night for ride break downs and roll backs!

On our way to Magnum we witnessed TTD roll back #1 then less than an hour later while waiting in line for Magnum when it went down for mechanical reasons then eventually for rain we witnessed another one! Wish we could have been been on it when it did!

Then for Millennium and Maverick ride night both ride nights started out with both rides being down for mechanical reasons. When they finally got Millennium going our second straight ride we got stuck for a moment 3/4 of the way at the top of the lift hill! Not a good night to be stuck that far up! It was cold!!

On our way out we saw Maverick was running so we decided to see if they were open for ride night and they were. They had just opened up. We got the front car and when we entered the tunnel before the launch the ride shut down! We got stuck there for 20 min!

MY son made the ride operators laugh when we finally made it back tot he station when he said "that was some long 150 second long ride, it was more like 20 min!". The ride operators laughed!

I will say this hats off to the crews of both Millennium Force and Maverick for working their butt's off to get the rides operating for us die hards! even though they had issues over and over they worked hard to get them going!

Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out and the next ride nights will be not so eventful!

Looking forward to an awesome 2014 season.

Anyone know what's up with Pipe Scream? It was down most of the day.

We were there all weekend! We were planning on rushing over to MF after one last Magnum ride. Little did we know, that walk on would take over 30 minutes. Luckily we were just stuck returning to the station, not at the very top like the last train of the night was. Unexpectedly, they gave us front of the line passes for our wait. They definitely didn't have to do that but it was a nice touch and another reason I like CP over KI!
We ran over to Maverick after and waited till it opwnws up. We had a smooth first ride and then boarded for our second. Guess what? "Everyone exit the train" was heard. Noah, the ride op, was awesome and kept us all entertained for the 20 minutes you all were stuck! Only two ERT rides were disappointing but the weekend was still a good time!
We tried the Crab fries Sunday too. Amazing!

Last edited by Dara,

My mom and I stayed for ERT- she has a Platinum Pass and I had a $19.99 Bring a Buddy ticket. At 10 till 10 we got in line for Iron Dragon since we hadn't gone on it yet. We walked on and were able to stay in our seat to ride it 4 times in a row.

Then we walked over to Millennium Force and were surprised there weren't many people in line for the ERT time. When we were allowed in we walked on to the platform and the ride op stopped us and asked if we were the ERT group. He told us to wait at the turnstile for the platform to clear and we would be the First Official riders to start the time. When we were allowed on we chose a middle seat since we just like to ride. After the ride our train pulled in outside but the other trains were all in the station. Apparently it had a mechanical problem after we left. The ride op was going to walk us off but realized the last few seats weren't on the walkway. We had to wait awhile for the mechanics crew to come so our train could move forward far enough to unload. We walked off, gave them our info and headed over to see if Maverick had opened.

We got to Maverick just as the gate opened and then had to wait for testing to be allowed on the platform. We were about the 3rd set of trains to launch. It was another great ride so we decided to head around to try again. By the time we walked up the stairs it had shut down again and the people were asked to get out of their seats. We decided to call it a night and head back to the Hotel Breakers via the lit up Gemini Midway.

It was a memorable mother/daughter night, but really we got the most rides on Iron Dragon instead of the ERT rides!
I do have to complement the ride ops on their energy!
It was also great to see and meet so many friendly passholders! We had a few nice conversations while waiting in line.

Noah was not the there, that was an illusion. In fact the whole ride was an illusion.

Yup, he was entertaining.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service