Ride On! - 2006 Slogan

Coming from the 2006 Go Coast Ohio Guide, CP's new ad features Ride On as this year's advertising slogan. I like this one. I can hear the guy saying it on the TV ads already.

What do you guys think?

*** Edited 2/22/2006 1:59:58 AM UTC by Gomez***

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

I think what you are. AWSOME and cant wait for the ads!

Nice, I like it and can't wait to see what they do with it. Some good on-ride POVs would go good with this slogan. Maybe have a shot looking down MF's first drop on the front of the Getaway Guide?

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Simple, Effective. I think I'll take their advice :D

<3Mav

Sorry, I didn't see this the first time I saw it. The Ride On slogan is coming from the term "Log Off" and "Log On".

The ad reads: "If you and your family think the virtual world is the only way to have fun-". Then it says Log Off at the top and says "Ride On" at the bottom. It still appears as though this is the slogan for 2006.

As for past slogans, I only know a few.

? - The Amazement Park
2002 - Feel the Fun
2003 - Absolutely Amazing
2004 - Same as 2003
2005 - Best Park on the Planet
2006 - Ride On

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

The "Ride On" slogan has been visible for a while now, on the Employment banner that you'll see pop up on Coasterbuzz.

It's simple, and I like it.

2003 - Wicked Twister
2004 - Wicked Twister/Top Thrill Dragster

I like this slogan. As everbody says, it's simple and in my opnion, gets to the Point. See there's another one. They should be able to do some pretty good advertisments with Ride On.
*** Edited 2/22/2006 12:53:58 PM UTC by Wicked Twister 90***

United States Coast Guard

Imagine your favorite tv show. You've been through it all. The ups, the downs, the crazy coincidences and then bang! They tell you what it's all about. Would you be happy? Does it make sense? How come it all ended in a church? - Joker

I don't know. When I first read the title of the thread, all I could think of was "Wayne's World" when they are playing hockey in the street.

"Game on."

But that's just me.

-Tambo

I like it... I see it as something I might say when heading out on a ride.

RIDE ON!!!

I have to go with Tambo on this one. I'm not sure I like the slogan, I'll have to see what it looks like in ads to make a decision.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Yes...RIDE ON!

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

I like it. It's simple and probably won't be overdone like last years "Best --- on the planet"

Cedar Point rocks my socks.

Here's the 2006 brochure for anyone who is interested:

http://groups.cedarpoint.com/_upload/rack%20brochure.pdf

(It will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.)

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

What's Tony doing in 21 bayside??

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

I really dont like the whole internet theme if thats what there going for... I agree I really have to see the adds before I decide on it.

2001 - "You wanna, you have to, you gotta HOLD ON!"
2006 - "You wanna, you have to, you gotta RIDE ON!"

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

"You wanna, you have to, you gotta FIRE YOUR MARKETING TEAM"...

I never liked them anyways.

They just "fired" their ad agency, they have a new one this year, maybe you'll like things better now.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

I really don't see what's not to like. The internet is a major part of an average American's life (for us it is practically our only life, or so it seems :) ). I think just about every single person who has been around a computer is familiar with the phrases "log in/on" and "log off." Combine that with something interesting like some catchy music, a noticeable voice, and some eye-catching photos and video and you have a very appealing TV ad. Even if you don't like it, I'm sure the majority of the GP will think it's pretty good, at least good enough to get their attention.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

I really like the slogan actually. A very basic phrase for a park known for its long history of rides. I also like the use of the circles in the brochure; seems very eye-catching to me...

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service