Remember the shows from 1987?

Digging thru some old boxes the other day, I ran accross an old cedarpoint show scheduale from 1987. It has jungle larry, oceana, Imax, the hobo band, and many more shows. Look here....

http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/57784.aspx

I also have pictures of dragster construction on there as well.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Really telling how much the shows have been cut back at CP. I which they would at least bring back the Hobo Band.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

In addition to the higher number of shows, most if not all of the shows had full live bands, which is all the more impressive. While Cedar Point still has a better-than-average strong Live E line-up nowadays, it's clear that the priorities (of the audience? the park? both?) have shifted in the past two decades regarding live entertainment as part of the amusement park experience.

Last edited by TimChat2,

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

I've seen everybody loves snoopy, rockband live, a red garter saloon show, and a little skit/play over by Woodstock Express with snoopy and friends, and I have to say I've been pretty impressed thus far. There are enough shows to fill up a day in a hurry at the Point.

Anyone else get kind of sad looking at all the Son of Beast stuff?

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Yes especially since I was there the day after they closed it. Never got to ride.

Is Rockband live still at the park? I thought that was only for a limited time, because it traveled from park to park...?

Let's Get Weird.

Yes, it's still there, everyday, four/five times a day, except for Thursday's until August 22nd I believe.

There is an official Rockband group that tours the Cedar Fair parks, but Cedar Point is the only park with a group year-round (at least until August 22nd).

Last edited by Kyle2154,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Ah ok thanks.

Let's Get Weird.

Man, I miss those old shows. Back in the day, our family CP trips used to be about 75% rides / 25% shows. Mixing in Oceana, Jungle Larry, Imax, etc. just created more varied, memorable trips.

I really miss the Imax theater and wish it would come back. There was something so relaxing after being in blinding sunlight all day...into a dark, cool theater. While I commonly dozed off, the giant screen was so involving, and such a nice change of pace. Why did CP kill this off? Were Imax theaters becoming dated? I always remembered huge crowds exiting.

The IMAX screen at CP was one of the early generations of IMAX screens. It was huge but flat unlike the huge dome style IMAX screens you see mostly today.

I got a guess that the IMAX projection equipment in the CP theater was getting to be quite expensive and difficult to maintain (because it was so old).

I do miss the IMAX screen at CP too... I remember watching an old IMAX film many years ago on the CP screen and then later on I got to see it at the IMAX screen in Norfolk VA that the film was originally made for the theater in Norfolk and it was quite impressive on a final scene what they can do that no other IMAX location could copy.

Last edited by skiboi007,

Kyle2154 said:There is an official Rockband group that tours the Cedar Fair parks, but Cedar Point is the only park with a group year-round (at least until August 22nd).

Not just Cedar Point but also Canada's Wonderland all summer.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service