Raptor EMS and Lift Hills -7/29

I went to CP with my friend yesterday, who dragged me into line for Raptor (I don't particularly like it, considering I've ridden it many times during Platinum Pass ERT and it gets old. I'd ride it with a short line, though.) So we notice all 3 trains are stacked on the final brakes, and then we see the ride ops talking to the people. We notice a guy with an EMS shirt on the platform. After a while, they began running empty trains, but then began loading. Long story short, we got our ride, but the ride ops didn't know why it was down - must have been a new crew. This fits the description of vomit, but EMS for a simple puke?

In other words, we were stuck on lift hills twice yesterday - once on Mean Streak when a guy a a bit in front of us had his camera, and another time on Iron Dragon's 2nd lift when the next block was not clear (I asked the ride op and he told me I was right that the block was not clear). Both stops were very brief, but a ride op came up the Mean Streak catwalk to confiscate the camera until the guy came back around. On another note, Is ID's 2nd lift slow because it needs time for the next train to clear the block? It always feels like you are going to stop.

Last edited by GigaG,

Ever consider that the ride ops 'didn't know what happend' because they aren't allowed to talk about incidents?

Exactly ^

When I worked at the park we knew exactly why the ride was down, what for and how long roughly it would take. We always had to tell guests we have no idea, just that it is mechanical or whatever else and politely tell them to check back later.

When was this?

2010: Millennium Force & Mantis
2011: Raptor
2012: Raptor, Sky Ride and Wicked Twister
2013: Co-Team Leader of Sky Ride
2014: Supervisor of Slingshot/Skyscraper

:) Gotta love those guests who know everything.

^^It was yesterday.

I'm not a know-it-all, TwistedWicker77! I didn't know about the ride op thing.

Anyways, do you know what could cause the EMS to come and the ride to re-open minutes later?

Heat exhaustion, headache, dizziness or anything really since a guest can request for EMS. Since it was quick and you didn't see them cart a person away, it wasn't a big deal. Small stuff like that happens all of the time.

^^ Assumptions make somebody seem like a know it all. But now you know for next time. As 99er said, all of the above could cause the EMS to show up on scene.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service