Hello forum members!
I apologize if this belongs in the trip planning forum, but that one doesn't seem to be read or updated as much as the General forum.
A group of us are coming for a trip in two weekends and need help planning some things based on what I am reading here and in the news. I understand CP is challenged with service labor like many industries and that is impacting the operation of CP. Given that...
1. Our group is arriving later in the afternoon on Sat, June 12th. We have purchased 1/2 day passes for the day we arrive, but with the park closing at 8PM on a Saturday and reading strict closing of ride lines, it is worth it to plan to be there for 3 or so hours from 5pm-8pm on a Saturday? Or are lines going to be too long at that time to really enjoy the park? If the park closed at 10pm like in the past, this would be a no-brainer. Now, I am not so sure.
2. I read that lines for Fast Lane pass holders on opening weekend were long. We are going to be at the park for two days (Sun/Mon) and the debated Sat couple of hours. We have purchased Fast Lane for one of the two days in the past. Is it worth it if the Fast Lane lines are still long, too?
3. Suggestions for good food places on the all-day dining plan?
Having been to CP a few times in the past, I wouldn't have to ask these questions except that I don't know how the current challenges are impacting some of the logistics our group ponders. Thanks, in advance, for your experiences and opinions based on the park to date and what you think will happen in the next couple of weeks.
2. If the FLP lines are long, the standby lines would presumably be even longer.
1. Take this with a large grain of salt (as I have not visited on a Saturday, only Friday/Sunday), but I have found that the lines at the front of the park (especially Raptor) and the less-in-demand rides (like Magnum and Rougarou) drop to pretty manageable levels in the last 2-3 hours of the day (in my experience, 20-30min tops). Therefore, if you are not dead-set on hitting the headliner rides, you can probably get quite a few second-tier rides in during those 3 hours. Plus, with the reservation system right now I am fairly sure your tickets are irrevocably tied to the day you purchased them for, unless you cancel them. So, if you already have Saturday 1/2 day tickets, you might as well use them and get something out of that time.
2. I agree with Cargo Shorts, but I will add that I have a hunch that Fast Lane is being oversold, so your mileage may vary with Fast Lane from day-to-day and even from ride-to-ride. If you were to buy it for a day, I would suggest Sunday over Monday, as weekend crowds are likely going to be larger.
3. Number one place in the park hands-down for me is BackBeatQue, right at the base of Top Thrill Dragster's tower, where the Witches' Wheel used to be. The brisket is really good, but so is the half chicken. (Basically, everything is good there!) Admittedly, I have not eaten anywhere else in the park in a long time (BBQ's food is that good), but I think Hugo's Italian Kitchen (next to Raptor), the renovated Corral (next to Cedar Downs), and the Crystal Rock Cafe in the waterpark (if you go there during your trip) are all honorable mentions.
Hope you have a great time!Last edited by bootymix96, Thursday, June 3, 2021 6:55 AM
1. With two full days in the park (Sun and Mon) with one of those days having fastlane (which I think IS worth it in your situation for Sunday) I say cancel the Saturday pass and find something else to enjoy that evening in the area.
Hey guys I am headed there Monday. Think it will be busy?? Also I have fast pass and platinum pass. Do you still have to go to front desk to get your season pass registered? or just need the code and can go to Magnum entrance? Just want to plan it out.
If all you have is your paper voucher you should be able to get processed, your photo and card right at the gate if things are working properly. At a minimum they will let you in and you can go to season pass processing at your convenience.
Thanks for all the replies. Our group is looking forward to being there. Will definitely have to check out the BBQ place near TTD.
Is the Magnum gate available to be used for early entry and is Steel Vengeance open when early entry starts?
Is the Magnum gate available to be used for early entry
Only if you are staying at Breakers or the campground. Outside of that you must use the main entrance this year.
and is Steel Vengeance open when early entry starts?
No. It's technically scheduled to be on Saturdays and Sundays only, but don't count on it happening.
You must be logged in to post