Press Release for 2006

"Geauga Lake opens its doors for weekend operation beginning May 13, 2006. Daily operation runs May 27 through Aug. 27. The park will then operate weekends after Labor Day. Wildwater Kingdom’s operating season runs May 27 through Sept. 9. Geauga Lake will conclude the 2006 season with the 26th Annual Oktoberfest Sept. 15-17."

It's a sad day for all that loved Haunt at Geauga Lake!

In a good note, we are getting a new wave pool, in which everyone knew about..
*** Edited 11/14/2005 4:28:07 PM UTC by coasterchick***

CP 98'-03'Park Operations
GL 04-07' Park Operations
CP 06',07' Fear Faire
CP 08' Ice Show tech/rides, Fright Zone
CP 09' Admissions/Fright Zone

Wow!

It's like old school Geauga Lake all over again. After visiting the park on Sunday of Oktoberfest this year I can see why they are cutting back operating days in the season. What a bummer...

Hopefully this won't last too many seasons.

~Rob Willi

I can see cutting back on the operating days too, but not the busier operating days. The Haunt had some of the best attendance of the summer.

If they want to take away operations cost, how about closing the park on slow days? Mondays during the summer are a ghostown compared to the crowds at the Haunt.

Even Disneyland used to close their park on Mondays.

Richie A.

Rihard 2000 said:

If they want to take away operations cost, how about closing the park on slow days? Mondays during the summer are a ghostown compared to the crowds at the Haunt.

I agree with you there.. Haunt really brought in the guest rather than a regular operating day.
*** Edited 11/14/2005 5:23:36 PM UTC by coasterchick***

CP 06',07' Fear Faire

Maybe they have a big capital investment planned for 2007 that they need to get started with early? ;)

That's a wishful rationalization. hmmmm. ;) You've planted a seed.

Richie A.

The rumor starts here!

Honestly, I don't know anything. It was just a possible guess. Probably wishful thinking.

Mabey there going to move Shark Attack to WWK and announce it later.

Has anyone seen what some of these GL sites are saying about CF after these anouncments? There talking about that CF lied to them and how CF is going to close the park. Read some of these replies http://zerognetwork.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2825

I mean everyones dissapointed that there only putting in a wave pool and cutting back the season, but come on!

I'm thinking GL may finally be getting a hyper for '07. When I talked with Spehn (sp?) on the Community Day they had this year he said that Geauga Lake would love to have a coaster like Magnum....but the financial models have to work out. Could the financial models finally be working out?

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

On the Zero G board, you have to remember that a good number of them were old Six Flags employees.. So of course they are going to down Cedar Fair and their different ways of planning things.

CP 06',07' Fear Faire

Does this really come as a surprise to anyone? I wonder if staffing also played a factor into cutting back the hours. Yeah, you can get ride prides at CP but who would really want to do ride pride at GL?

Oh god Fastball, you have no idea how many...
I trained every group...
...It is the one thing I will not miss about October. 'Nuff said. ;)

Or maybe they cut October just to keep your sanity judging by some of the ride priders. ;)

Ride Priders? Oh man do not get me started on Ride Priders. I could tell you horror stories.

Don't anger the Potato People.

Y'all ready for some serious sidewindin' in 2007?

Mean Streak 03

Those were the days.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service