Park Hours 2001

Notice on the CP website the hours are all listed with a 10a.m. or later "opening time".
I have been told CP will not open the gates at 9a.m., rides up and running by 10a.m. this season.
Gates and rides will both open at 10a.m.
Oh, that will go over well. I always liked wlaking through the park before the rides opened. I bet a lot of other people did also. I wonder if it will lead to (even more) crowd unruliness.

Tim Bretz
"Remember to pillage before you burn"
uh huh, uh huh

-------------
What's Life If You Never Get To The Point?
Boring!

MF COUNT: 117
Interesting... I agree with Tim Bretz.

-------------
Times I have "Gone Full Force" on MF: 9

Chris G.
-Representin' Motown
My guess is they might be covering themselves. We all know that the official line is that rides start at 10:00 but many are usually running well before that. I suspect that the official opening time for the gate could change to 10:00 but much of the time we will be able to walk in before that. It will probably depend on staffing and expected crowd size for that day.
What, are they trying to create a Six Flags style "mad dash so people get hurt when the park opens" scenario like the ones I witnessed at BGW and SFDL in 1999?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
What Garbage. So the park is open 3 hours less in early June compared to last year. I can see somewhat of a point closing the park early but this makes no sense. Why change a good thing (again). For the first time, I may just have to use one of those guys. :( :( :(. Cute

Another note is on the old 2000 schedule, that it also says the park opens at 10 AM.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/operate.cfm

Hope? No. I am sure Old Timer Tim has his sources, so I am still well, angry and upset that I will have to wait 30 minutes for my friends to get in the normal line after I got in through the SP line, as well as what previous members indicated.

Again, I have a thought that would still make me happy. Could this be all for the Joe Cool Club ERT? Naw.

I went and looked at the schedule (under "Hours") on the official page. Not a word about gate time that I could see. All the evidence I have seen from official sources seems to suggest that opening is "business as usual".

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
Ugghhhh, I think its stupid, the hour was nice.

-------------
daniel j. haverlock
Magnum Count: 1266
MF Count: 117
spiritofthepoint.com
That'll change when someone in management asks why Millennium Force ridership is down from last year (because of the shorter hours).

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Millennium Force laps: 50
That will also change when they find that park attendance is down 10% from last year.

-------------
Joe

What does the gate time have to do with park attendance? When has the park ever had a 10% decrease in attendance? With a longer season, it'll be more if the weather cooperates.

-------------
Jeff
I am 99% sure that the park will increase it's attendance this year, with the park being open later in the season.

Compared to up to the first week of June as of last year, I think park attendance will drop, excluding the first week of this year. If I am not a season pass holder, will probably want to go in mid June, than in early June because the park is open an extra 2 hours. If I am a returning customer, going to Cedar Point for the last 10 years when the park opens at 9, and find out that I have to wait an hour to just get into the park, I would not be to happy. '

Yes, extending the operating days will increase attendance, but decreasing the hours on particular day's will cut attendance for those days.

-------------
Joe E

That doesn't make sense... you're saying that people won't come because the park opens at the same time as the rides open (with The Force being the only notable exception). Are people going to stay home because they can't stand around for an hour waiting for the rides to open?

-------------
Jeff
Nope that doesn't make sense and I think I need to simplify my post as of late. That Useless class called college English must be getting to me. I should go back and write in AP style, since I got an A in all those classes. Not really, It would be kind of silly for me to put a "Joe said" after every sentence I wrote in a post. I just need to write more clearer. I am confusing myself. Let me reiterate.

My guess is attendance will drop on the days during the last week of May and the first week of June this year, compared to that of last year on those day's. Sorry that's the best way I can put it right now. This is because if a person, who sees they can get 2 more hours of the park for the same price later in the year may go later in the year. Now if the weather is great and gas prices remain at the point were you just have to take out a loan, it could actually increase during this time.

Of course my hole theory rest on the fact that that is me who would not go during these days, if I did not have a season pass. The More I think of it, does anyone in the GP even care how late the park is open? They see the Pepsi can and say, "Wow, I can save $14, I will go."

Now opening the gate later than usual may eventually cause anger and drop the "park rating" so to speak which may have a minimal impact on long term attendance. Well, Money is the thing that drives any park, and If they still make money, it would make no sense to please one person visit's the park frequently and only give's $200 a year to them. I don't eat much or drink pop there.

-------------
Joe E

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service