Park at capacity - 10/19/19

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:33 PM

Staaber said:

Cedar Point is turning into a crap park. I’d rather spend my money going to Kings Island. You can’t even call cedar point they’ve turned their phones off. Great customer service.

Ive been a pass member for the last 10 years not doing it anymore since they don’t care I don’t care. I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

Hate to break it to you. But spending your money at KI still puts it in CF's coffers. :)

+2Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 1:39 PM

Invertalon said:

I for one, would have not been upset one bit if Six Flags took ownership... Which is crazy to say, but I think I would have more hope for a better experience in the coming years over the direction it is going now.

Dude, are you forgetting our awful summers at SFWoA? lol Next time I run into you on a flight I may have to slap some sense into you! lol

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 1:56 PM

WolfBobs said:
Dude, are you forgetting our awful summers at SFWoA? lol Next time I run into you on a flight I may have to slap some sense into you! lol

Hahah… Awful summers??? Those SFWoA days were the absolute best in 2001-2003!

And my past few visits to SF properties (SFGam, SFMM or SFNE) have been awesome… Great operations, clean… No complaints here!

Last edited by Invertalon, Monday, October 21, 2019 1:58 PM
+1Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 4:37 PM
Dvo's avatar

^As someone who lives near SFGAm, I'm begging you to tell me what day to go when there are great operations. Anyone who thinks CP's food service is poor would never say a bad word again after experiencing an average-crowd day at Great America.


362 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

+4Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 4:45 PM
Cargo Shorts's avatar

But the hair gel billboards and Jacks Link ads blaring over the sound system!

+1Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 5:19 PM

I know it does but low attendance may affect their best work in the country status....I know it’s cedar fair at the end of the day but what used to be the crown jewel of the parks, not anymore.

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 5:23 PM

I know Wolf Bob bit it may after their so called crown jewelry of a park to lose its luster. Makes me sick because it’s gone down hill over the recent years and it’s a shame and a shame they don’t care about your experience. Spend $70 to get in and you get to ride maybe 5 rides...greed is all it is...

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 5:39 PM

I'm somewhat bothered by those that are complaining about CP being greedy and wanting nothing but profits. Of course they are. Of course they do. What business doesn't want that? Without that there would be no improvements at all to the park, ride or otherwise.

But . . . the Gold Pass was not properly thought out, in my opinion. And, it was noticeable in August right after they went on sale. Those of us that were there three times a week noticed it right away. My problem with the Gold Pass is that CP was not ready for this. Let's face it . . . many, many days over the summer BEFORE the Gold Passes were released there were already problems with staffing -- just as there has pretty much always been. Concessions closed. Food shops closed. Half the Coke Freestyle stations closed. (In early August we encountered two stands out of water cups.) Only a handful of people in the Kiddy areas causing them to run a ride for one group of kids, then close it to cross the way to run another ride. Things were already "bare minimum". Now, couple that with any kind of influx from the Gold Passes, and the guest experience can only go down hill. This is the problem I have.

Make all the profit you want -- I'm all for it. But, the guest experience should still be top notch . . . whether you give it to 1,000 guests or 10,000 guests. And they're not quite up to that task . . . yet. We have been pass holders since 2000. We're not renewing just yet. It will be interesting to see how things play out in May -- while still not fully staffed. We're just going to wait it out. For us it's not about long lines or parking. It's about a smooth, enjoyable day. And a lot of unhappy people around you makes your day miserable.

+8Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 5:49 PM
Paisley's avatar

Anyone else thought of the irony that so many people complain on the internet that cedar Point isn't affordable and it costs too much and now since the gold passes went on sale people are all complaining on the internet that Cedar Point made it too cheap to get in? And they probably did make the deal too sweet but still kind of funny...

+6Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 6:18 PM

Dvo said:
^As someone who lives near SFGAm, I'm begging you to tell me what day to go when there are great operations. Anyone who thinks CP's food service is poor would never say a bad word again after experiencing an average-crowd day at Great America.

My last visit was in 2017, sometime in June during the week. No issues here... Not saying they were amazing or anything, but they were not bad either.

Absolutely not worse than the Valravn crew stacking all three trains during the hour I was in line back in August... Or the Raptor crew not advising anyone in the station or line that the ride was closed pending a medical issue on the platform... Or my quick visit last year where Raptor, MF, Maverick and Dragster were all closed for the hour I walked around the park before leaving...

Last edited by Invertalon, Monday, October 21, 2019 6:19 PM
+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 6:34 PM
Cargo Shorts's avatar

Paisley, I and many others do not think the admission options or food/drink prices are unreasonable at all, just the food quality/service is not there. In fact I think the Season passes, even the PP are priced a bit to low. Breakers on the other hand...let’s just say, I would rather sleep in a tent than spend $300 for sleeping. Of course the wife thinks differently. :)

We all want to see CF make money and build new coasters but if it is at the expense of 3 hour waits and 1/2 drink refill lines then I will need to find different hobbies. I am good with a $300 PP and $200 Gold.

+3Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 6:52 PM

Final weekend coming up.

Passing on Saturday, heading up to Canada's Wonderland instead to get some good coaster riding in, then hitting CP on Sunday for the final finale of the year.

Hoping to be made whole by using my free fast lane plus pass on the final day of the year.

If it gets too packed, I'll just marathon the classics like Gemini by flashing my Fast Lane Plus pass, oh yeah.

Nothing like being "Made Whole" on the final day of the year.

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 7:47 PM

cptedsdisciple2 said:

As I posted in another forum, the current regime clearly values profit over guest experience. If they did not build a deck they would be better off just attaching a parking surcharge to the price of admission and getting rid of the tollbooths all together.

I agree with Staaber 100 percent about the misplaced priorities (and the Blue Gemini observation...). But if you think their greed is unseemly now with the fast track, fast track pluses, preferred parking, super preferred parking, etc. , Wait until next season. They clearly no longer consider admission a revenue driver. With 300000 gold pass holders (or Passholes, as they say in Anaheim) flooding the park next season in-park spending will tank. Guess where they will make up the deficit.... get ready for the ten dollar hotdogs and 15 dollar lockers.
The whole place has become a miserable cash grab. Maybe next summer will involve more rain and even worse flooding. Would serve them right. Is it too late to revisit the Six Flags idea?

Since when did Cedar Fair become a charity?

They have one responsibility; maximize profits.

If you don't like their prices? Don't pay! Act like an adult and quit whining.

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 8:33 PM

Halfpint said:
I'm somewhat bothered by those that are complaining about CP being greedy and wanting nothing but profits. Of course they are. Of course they do. What business doesn't want that? Without that there would be no improvements at all to the park, ride or otherwise.

But . . . the Gold Pass was not properly thought out, in my opinion. And, it was noticeable in August right after they went on sale. Those of us that were there three times a week noticed it right away. My problem with the Gold Pass is that CP was not ready for this. Let's face it . . . many, many days over the summer BEFORE the Gold Passes were released there were already problems with staffing -- just as there has pretty much always been. Concessions closed. Food shops closed. Half the Coke Freestyle stations closed. (In early August we encountered two stands out of water cups.) Only a handful of people in the Kiddy areas causing them to run a ride for one group of kids, then close it to cross the way to run another ride. Things were already "bare minimum". Now, couple that with any kind of influx from the Gold Passes, and the guest experience can only go down hill. This is the problem I have.

Make all the profit you want -- I'm all for it. But, the guest experience should still be top notch . . . whether you give it to 1,000 guests or 10,000 guests. And they're not quite up to that task . . . yet. We have been pass holders since 2000. We're not renewing just yet. It will be interesting to see how things play out in May -- while still not fully staffed. We're just going to wait it out. For us it's not about long lines or parking. It's about a smooth, enjoyable day. And a lot of unhappy people around you makes your day miserable.

Well said.

+1Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 8:36 PM

kjettski said:

cptedsdisciple2 said:

As I posted in another forum, the current regime clearly values profit over guest experience. If they did not build a deck they would be better off just attaching a parking surcharge to the price of admission and getting rid of the tollbooths all together.

I agree with Staaber 100 percent about the misplaced priorities (and the Blue Gemini observation...). But if you think their greed is unseemly now with the fast track, fast track pluses, preferred parking, super preferred parking, etc. , Wait until next season. They clearly no longer consider admission a revenue driver. With 300000 gold pass holders (or Passholes, as they say in Anaheim) flooding the park next season in-park spending will tank. Guess where they will make up the deficit.... get ready for the ten dollar hotdogs and 15 dollar lockers.
The whole place has become a miserable cash grab. Maybe next summer will involve more rain and even worse flooding. Would serve them right. Is it too late to revisit the Six Flags idea?

Since when did Cedar Fair become a charity?

They have one responsibility; maximize profits.

If you don't like their prices? Don't pay! Act like an adult and quit whining.

That’s what used to separate Cedar Point from the rest. Not whining but voicing my opinion. CP used to care more about their customers, not anymore, their blinded by the almighty dollar and really don’t give a crap about your experience. Period. Not to offer refunds is crap and just flat out wrong. You can’t deny that.

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 8:40 PM
Paisley's avatar

Cargo Shorts said:

Paisley, I and many others do not think the admission options or food/drink prices are unreasonable at all, just the food quality/service is not there. In fact I think the Season passes, even the PP are priced a bit to low. Breakers on the other hand...let’s just say, I would rather sleep in a tent than spend $300 for sleeping. Of course the wife thinks differently. :)

We all want to see CF make money and build new coasters but if it is at the expense of 3 hour waits and 1/2 drink refill lines then I will need to find different hobbies. I am good with a $300 PP and $200 Gold.

I think the food and drink prices are high but we eat out of a cooler in the parking lot and as long as we do that I think we get a good value for the price of our platinum passes. No matter how good of a value you can make something there are always people who are going to complain it's too expensive for a family to go. Our county fair gets the same complaints every year and admission is around $7 maybe.

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 9:40 PM

What should Cedar Point be offering refunds for?

+0
Monday, October 21, 2019 9:56 PM
Top_Thrill_Tyler's avatar

Halfpint said:

I'm somewhat bothered by those that are complaining about CP being greedy and wanting nothing but profits. Of course they are. Of course they do. What business doesn't want that? Without that there would be no improvements at all to the park, ride or otherwise.

But . . . the Gold Pass was not properly thought out, in my opinion. And, it was noticeable in August right after they went on sale. Those of us that were there three times a week noticed it right away. My problem with the Gold Pass is that CP was not ready for this. Let's face it . . . many, many days over the summer BEFORE the Gold Passes were released there were already problems with staffing -- just as there has pretty much always been. Concessions closed. Food shops closed. Half the Coke Freestyle stations closed. (In early August we encountered two stands out of water cups.) Only a handful of people in the Kiddy areas causing them to run a ride for one group of kids, then close it to cross the way to run another ride. Things were already "bare minimum". Now, couple that with any kind of influx from the Gold Passes, and the guest experience can only go down hill. This is the problem I have....

This is exactly where I'm at. For a business wanting to make profits, flooding the park with people who are going to leave with either a positive or negative experience perplexes me more every time I walk past a series of major food stands closed due to inadequate staffing, try to get a lemonade or a coke at a coke freestyle and it's out of everything except water, or I see a main children's area completely empty. At the same time, the park has essentially created crowd sizes from the mid-1990s and earlier to queue for their rides, yet they have no hope of ever reaching the capacity levels that rides like Gemini and Mine Ride used to have in those days with modern ride procedures, let alone Cedar Point's (arguably) neurotic IROC procedures. Do they have any plan to address (a) their long-standing staffing issues or (b) their growing capacity issues? otherwise, did they just think this wasn't going to happen when they dropped the deal of a lifetime?

It's meant to get people in the park. Particularly during the Fall season, this solves a problem the park doesn't have, and makes the ones the park clearly does have significantly worse.


-Tyler A-

+2Loading
Monday, October 21, 2019 10:02 PM
3snoH un=l's avatar

I thought it was great that Cedar Point was offering the same Gold Pass that Kings Island has offered for years with the same benefits. If you don't intend on park hopping, it is a great pass.

I don't know how it would be considered undervalued, I'd be a little peeved if it was more expensive than Kings Island's. Does anyone know how bad the crowds are at Kings Island in comparison? Or perhaps, the novelty of the Gold pass at Kings Island has long worn off and it's evened out.

Everyone in my family has been to the park this fall except me. I don't know if I'll make it this year and it might not be until next season.

My son and his girlfriend went last Saturday afternoon, somehow got in, stayed 3 hours. We told him not to go on a Saturday. Reportedly waited over an hour for Rougaru and rode the Ferris Wheel, that's it.

Last edited by 3snoH un=l, Monday, October 21, 2019 10:03 PM

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

+1Loading
Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:28 PM
Paisley's avatar

I think it would be undervalued in the sense that it is cheaper than the bare bones Cedar Point season pass used to be PLUS you're getting the waterpark, free parking and early entry and the entire remainder of the year previous to the season pass you're paying for.

Someone pointed out on Coaster Buzz and I think it was a valid point that offering the half hour of early entry for the gold pass part way through the 2019 season devalued the 2019 platinum pass as the 1 hour of early entry is no longer exclusive to platinum pass holders and resort guests as was advertised when people bought their 2019 platinum passes.

+5Loading

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2020, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service