OSU Day 2014

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Cedar Point and The Ohio State University are teaming up again to bring us "OSU Day."

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/ohio-state-day

Last year was a blast.

Who is coming?

Let's Get Weird.

So I don't see anything anywhere that says you actually have to be an OSU student/alumni/whatever. What if you are just a fan, or...just anyone?

There was no requirement last year other than paying for a ticket.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

FYI....season passes were not valid that day as well.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Says right there on the page. "Everyone's invited to..." It also states season passes are not valid.

Why anyone with a season pass would pay to go on that day is beyond me, anyway.

I did it, and it was worth it. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It says this also on the page.
"This is a private event not open to the public."
"Cedar Point opens to the public and season passholders for the 2014 season on Saturday, May 10."

Leads me to believe that only OSU people can attend.

It doesn't matter. I live in Michigan and went and no one batted an eye. All they care about is ticket sales, which are a "while supplies last" deal anyway.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It was pretty much dead last year. It was a great day to go.

Let's Get Weird.

Here's a question, if the season doesn't start until the 10th, will your platinum pass still get you in for parking on the 9th?

Scottyf said:
Here's a question, if the season doesn't start until the 10th, will your platinum pass still get you in for parking on the 9th?

It did last year, because we used ours to get back to the campground Friday night.

I suppose one way to look at having to pay $35 for admission to the park even though you have a season pass is that the waits are presumably pretty short and allow for a similar experience to buying a Fast Lane bracelet which is considerably higher in price during the regular season.

My parents are OSU alumnus, I'm only in high school. So I can just have them use their diplomas to get in and just run amuck!

The god of speculation

I think it might be different this year. I went and bought my ticket today and they only let you have two tickets per student ID. They put your ID number in the system so you can't come back and get more. I don't know if you can still get them online or wherever non students/alumni got them last year.

Let's Get Weird.

Don't students get even cheaper tickets than what's advertised to everybody else? That's probably why they're limiting it to 2.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service