Opening Day 2021?

The first day that reservations are available for Hotel Breakers in 2021 is May 30. In a “normal” year they would be open about 3 weeks earlier. I wonder if the delay is just for the hotel perhaps in anticipation of a lack of staff or if it’s for the park as well.

Right now, it's anyone's guess as to what opening day will be. But yesterday, they posted this on their Facebook:

Celebrate Cedar Point's 150th Season with special rates just for Passholders. For stays 5/27/21 through 7/1/21, Passholders can book a one-night stay at Hotel Breakers or Lighthouse Point Cottage for as low as $150 per night or two nights at Express Hotel for as low as $150.
Find out more here: www.cedarpoint.com/vacation/packages

That suggests at this point, they will be open on May 27 at the latest.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

"At this point" being the operative words there. Anything can change between now and then, as is apparent based on this year. Now please excuse me while I return to my magic 8 ball, tuning fork, and live stream of Giant Wheel to determine when the real opening date will be.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You forgot the crane witching rods over the park skyline.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

And you need to watch when black shirt higher-ups start hiring red shirt lower-downs for the season (or other color that may vary by department).

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Interesting dates as 5/27/21 is a Wednesday, Memorial Day next year is 5/31. Clearly, 5/27 is "Special thank you Day for Enthusiasts" complete with free donuts & coffee, t-shirts, backpacks & other swag. Staffed by red-shirt lowers.

5/27/21 Is a Thursday

yukonman

Whenever the gondolas are placed back on Giant Wheel. I don’t know.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service