Opening Day 2016?

Hi all. Any idea what the opening day/weekend will be for next year?

I might make the trek out to Ohio for the Spartan Races the first weekend of May, and CP being open would make that decision for me.

Is the park usually only open weekends for the first few weeks it opens? Or is it open during the week as well? With the races being over 3 hours drive away and also on the weekends, it doesn't help me if CP is only open Sat/Sun when I'm racing those days.

Thanks all.

You must be logged in to post

Answers

Usually, CP doesn't open until the second week of May, but it can always change. The opening day hasn't been officially announced yet, though.

grantsdale -

Fair enough, I was wondering the 'usual' practice. When does this usually get announced? And are they open every day from then on? Or just weekends?

XS NightClub -

Opening day this year was Saturday May 5, 2015- the second Saturday of May, which is typical.

They are open everyday after opening day, and those weekdays are some of the best to go. 'Physics & Science Week' usually the first or second weekdays of the regular season - is a school event, its kind of busy until 3:00pm when they board the busses back to school.

In addition, the Friday before 'opening day' has been 'Ohio State Day', but open to the Public with some cool Ohio State stuff going on. They are open, however Season Pass doesn't work for this day.

XS NightClub -

2016 may be abnormal however with May 1st falling the first sunday of the month.

They may open on the 7th which is early, however not unheard of.

They would be open by the 14th, almost certainly, or they would miss a number of days of the operating season.

XS NightClub -

Opening Day is May 7th 2016.

You can make reservations at Lighthouse point starting then.

Bluestreaker -

Opening day in 2015 was Saturday May 9th. May 5th was on a Tuesday this year.

Pete -

Also the park is open daily from Opening Day to Labor Day.

grantsdale -

Thanks, all. Looks like I'll pencil in May 9th.

jetsplumber -

just to get a little off topic, does anyone know the date for coastermania 2016?

Ian Tajgiszer -

It's generally the first Friday in June.

jetsplumber -

thank you, Ian Tajgiszer

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service