Opening Day / Weekend 2013

I think that it will be packed due to GateKeeper, especially if the weather's decent. If if the weather's not too great, I still think it will be busier than normal.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I am a veteran of going on opening weekend. However this year i wont be able to join in the festivities. I know they have a lot of people usually on the first weekend. I was wondering though. Has anyone ever gone the monday afterwards? I have heard over the years that the week after opening is usually dead. If i go that monday think the crowds are still going to be there due to gatekeeper? I was not there the year that maverick opened so i really have no idea. Maybe someone here can give me some insight as to what i can expect.

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

The Monday after has been a ghost town the last 2 years I went. 2011 was drizzle rain and cold. Took the kids after school. Rode a few rides, and left. Last year, much better weather. Still, a ghost town. Around 6 or 7, there were barely enough people to fill 2 Millennium Force trains. They had the handicap gate open for re-rides.

We usually stay at Camper Village Friday - Tuesday of opening weekends. Will do the same this year. A lot depends on the weather of course, but the crowds are fairly light during the week. It also depends on the number of school field trips that are at the park on any given weekday.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

^ How has sunday after opening day been for you? As bad as opening day?

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I'm guessing weekdays until memorial day the park is generally dead. Is that true? Last year I went the weekend after opening day and it was packed

Bossmccann said:
I'm guessing weekdays until memorial day the park is generally dead. Is that true? Last year I went the weekend after opening day and it was packed

The last 2 years I went the weekend after opening weekend, Saturday was always pretty busy due to it being the student day or whatever it's called. Does anyone know if they're doing that again this year? I hope to one day be able to go on a week day after opening weekend when it'll be less busy.

~*Kari*~

The Saturday after opening day typically has been school band day. Last year was crazy busy during the day. My daughter is in the band, and it is scheduled for that Saturday.

Question. With a lot of parking being removed for Gatekeeper, will there be enough room for guests to park on a busy day such as Opening Day? Don't think I'm worried sick about this, I was just curious about this a little.

I don't think the amount of spaces Gatekeeper has removed is as big a deal as we think it is. I believe a good majority of what was lost was mainly used by employees. I'm betting you won't be able to tell the difference Gatekeeper has made to the parking situation.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service