Ohio State Day 2014

Heard from a friend that Ohio State has basically bought out the park again the day before opening day (Friday, May 9). I found the thread from last year's OSU day and it seems like bad weather kept the crowds fairly low.

Anyone who went to this last year have any additional trip details to share? Seems like a good alternative to opening day and a "dress rehearsal" for the park, as it was stated in last year's thread.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/ohio-state-day

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I went last year as a student and it was fun! A little chilly, but almost every ride was basically a walk on. The highest waits were MF, Dragster and Gatekeeper but when we arrived at 1 p.m., the longest wait was Dragster at 45 minutes. My entire family went, including my grandmother, nieces and nephews, and my aunt and uncle and they all got the discounted rate. We stayed at Castaway Bay and got a free opening day ticket as well. They also purchased tickets before the end of march and we all got the free drink wristbands. It was worth it. This year, I'll be an employee, but my family is still planning to come! They are purchasing tickets this weekend and will most likely stay in Castaway again so they can receive a free ticket to opening day.

The Ohio State University
2014: Millennium Force

If you go to http://live.pointbuzz.com and scroll down to the May 10 entries, you can get an idea of what the day was like.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

How does OSU day even work? Do you have to show them an OSU student ID or something? What is to keep random non OSU students/Alumni from going?

Just buy a ticket. That's all they really care about.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^ What he said, then wear Michigan State gear* when you visit, and you'll meet lots of new friends.

* I am

SSL488, Ohio State basically buys out the park for the day. However, unlike other buyouts where only company employees are typically invited, OSU chooses to sell tickets to anyone, with reduced prices for current students.

Because it is technically a "private event", you can't use your season pass if you have one. Last year they sold tickets at the gate, so I assume they will do that again this year (I'm guessing OSU could decide not to if they wanted).

I think if you wear non-OSU college apparel that you will be ceremoniously boo'd all day. Go for a dual Michigan/Lebron James outfit for maximum effect.

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Chuck Wagon said:

I think if you wear non-OSU college apparel that you will be ceremoniously boo'd all day. Go for a dual Michigan/Lebron James outfit for maximum effect.

That's hilarious, dude!!!!

Or recently Indians gear without Chief..apparently alot of people are outraged..Me..doesn't bother me either way

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Or a Dayton Flyers jersey.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Topic was made about a month and a half ago. http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/30362.aspx

OSU day was great last year.

Let's Get Weird.

Will the OSU Basketball team be there?

Mr. Positive strikes again!

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

SteveH said:
Will the OSU Basketball team be there?

Yeah, but they're only staying for about an hour.

Goodbye MrScott

John

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service