October 10, 2010

I see on the CP website that the hours for Sunday, October 10 are from 10am to 10pm, which differs from the usual Sunday hours of Noon - 9pm.

Is it because it's 10-10-10 and they want to be open 10 to 10 or is there some special event that I'm just missing?

Thanks!

They are usaly open later on one sunday due to it being a typical buisy weekend.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Humm that is odd.... The only thing I know about that date is that its the first Sunday the zones are opened, you would think if that had anything to do with it the following weekends would be the same hours. I really don't know.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

That Monday is Columbus Day, which is a school/federal holiday. They are busier because a lot of families take advantage of Jr. not having school and make it one last weekend at the Point.

The resorts are also open Sunday night.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Thanks, Jugga. That actually makes a lot of sense, and I will plan my trip for a different Sunday for that very reason! ;)

You might not need to do that. It is usually dead that Sunday anyways. Columbus Day Saturday is probably the busiest day each year at the park. I have seen the park not let people come in due to the over crowd @ the park. Last year, the park supposedly saw a little over 50'000 guests. The year before 54,000. I did find this out by the admission people in the front of the park, so it maybe isn't accurate.

I took my daughter on Columbus Day Saturday several years ago (2003) and vowed to never do it again! It was insane! Sweetest Day Saturday is getting pretty busy now too.

Massive Fannibal and Cedar Point lover!!! Lover of Pennywise 2017!

It shocks me this warrants an article, but... http://www.sanduskyregister.com/2010/sep/26/reportersnotebooksf92710xml

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

There's a second reason for the longer hours on Sunday Oct. 10. The following day, the second Monday of October, is the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday, which is a big deal. (Unlike Columbus Day, which only students and government workers get off) If the weather is halfway decent, a lot of Canadians come here that weekend.

Roz

^Students in my area do NOT get Columbus Day off. Nor do they get Veteran's Day off. Working for a bank, I do though.:)

Those are the two best days for me to go out and do stuff. The kids are in school and the wife has to work.

I went on Colombus Day a few years back and it was awesome. As I remember the weather was perfect and more like a summer day than a fall day. And at night the air was humid and still and I never saw so much fog in my life. It was a very fun day.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

For the person who commented on this day being busier than a typical HW Sunday, I'd argue that you're wrong. I went on 10/11 last year (the only Sunday with 10-10 hrs) and the crowds were very minimal. Over the 15 times I've been to the Point in the last 2 years, this was by far the least crowded. My group went on all the major coasters, as well as every haunted attraction with little to no wait, with the exception of Eerie Estate and Happy Jack's, both of which were new that year.

You want to see crowds? Make the mistake of going on a $29.99 Wednesday during the summer while the Cleveland Clinic holds its annual employee appreciation event at the point. Not fun.

DBCP said:It shocks me this warrants an article, but... http://www.sanduskyregister.com/2010/sep/26/reportersnotebooksf92710xml

::facepalm::

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Hahaha wow. That guy must have really had a busy week at work.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

What else is there to do in Sandusky?

Michigan's Adventure
07- Zach Zoomer
08 - Maintenance/Tilt a Whirl
09 - Go Karts
10 - Grand Rapids (ATL-Fridays)

You'll find the answer to that question here.

Goodbye MrScott

John

JuggaLotus said:
You'll find the answer to that question here.

That.....and you can look here.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

John wins

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service