NO MORE MILLENIUM TIL 2003

I can't wait this long... its going to be hell until i reach the red, yellow, and blue cars of the Millenium.... I definitely think its the best ride in the world...but who knows? the new 2003 ride might blow it away :-)
I thought the next Millennium was the year 3000?

------------------
Tommy Penner - Variable X
Cedar Point FanBoy since 2001
Forget 8 Mile - 9 Mile: The Movie is Coming Soon!

3001. At least you spelled millennium right! But seriously, the wait just for the park to open once again is agonizing, let alone for Millennium Force. I just love those night rides.

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
http://www.pbase.com/blah
(Coaster Pictures)

183 days!!!!!!!!

------------------
Magnum is Red,
Millenium Force is blue.
I love Wicked Twister,
and Raptor too.

183 days??? Sounds like my stupid school year...I really cant wait for another ride on the force.

------------------
Welcome to the Magnum XL-200, the coaster featured most on the Discovery Channel.

181 days!

------------------
Magnum is Red,
Millenium Force is blue.
I love Wicked Twister,
and Raptor too.

Just curious, but how do you know exactly when CP is going to open? I've been guessing probably May 4 with the buyout day on May 3, but I didn't know anything was official yet.

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

It's pretty obvious. But I kinda hope it is otherwise I'd have to redo my calendar. A lot.

------------------
Magnum is Red,
Millenium Force is blue.
I love Wicked Twister,
and Raptor too.

MDOmnis said:
Just curious, but how do you know exactly when CP is going to open? I've been guessing probably May 4 with the buyout day on May 3, but I didn't know anything was official yet.

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

Who usually does the Buyout day....i remember this year i think it was honda. I'm not sure

------------------
- Dennis

No, Honda hasn't done a buy-out in a few years. Honda said they were losing too much money on these (Which I don't understand considering the absolutely insanse amount of people who attended these.)

I thought Longaberger had it's buy-out last year?

yea it was that overpriced wicker basket company...they can afford it...if you have ever seen one of their catalogs!!
From my understaning Longerber only signed a 5 season deal for '98, '99, '00, '01, and '02. Hopefully there won't be a buy out day for '03!

------------------
magnumdan
magnum count: 2233
www.cpthrillology.com
"who knows the true secret of the dome"

Dont wory, there not gonna be there for the 2003 season. I live 15 from the Longaberger plant. I use to work for them as well. They did only have a 5 year contract.
Reading too much into it, I know, but...

Up until a few days ago, the operating hours calendar on cedarpoint.com was missing the month of May 2002. (I've been checking periodically to see if they've posted 2003 hours yet.) The month of May is back. Feel free to draw your own conclusions from this, but one could be that May 2002 is likely to be representative of May 2003.

Oh boy - if CP does open on a Saturday, I am most definitely going to have to make the trip for opening weekend (Saturday and Sunday) rather than avoiding the insanity and waiting a weekend! :)

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

173 days!!!!!!!!!
I think we could do without a day-by-day countdown for right now.

------------------
Tommy Penner - Variable X @ starrynightmare.net/~vxtc
Cedar Point FanBoy since 2001
"I will hold you close, if you're afraid of heights." -- Incubus, Stellar

Sorry. I'll start up later when it's under 100.
Can't hold it any longer...............

173!!!

i hear the countdown...i cant wait either

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service