News: Cedar Point now hiring 6,500 seasonal associates

I doubt your average Gen-Z worker has any sense of loyalty. I mean, we don't even think that's a thing anymore in Gen-X, probably only leaving Boomers to believe that's a thing. People don't get their identity and sense of self from work or companies anymore. I believe that idea died with my grandfather. Heck, I haven't worked for any company longer than 2.5 years.

With the results today, operating costs were way higher compared to 2019, which is not surprising. I'm sure they're trying to adjust for that, but I don't think demand for workers has become any less this year. I'll call it now... they'll go back to $20 starting before the season starts.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

They said on the earnings call that the J-1 visa program is returning in 2022. And application numbers to date are approaching historical highs.

Last edited by GoBucks89,

What if they paid new hires X amount then all future 2nd year, returning employees Z amount?
That might serve to ease the search for employees while instilling that missing sense of loyalty in the latest generations. I remember being glad to work at Cedar Point for two summers and crushed when the third season didn’t work out.
But then again, I’m about as Boomer as they come…

Jeff may not be wrong about a revert back to $20 but if the exchange program really does come back to full strength it may not be necessary. What I could see happening is some type of extra pay being implemented from mid-August to the end of the season. When they lose the college kids it becomes a real struggle.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Does anyone have some knowledge about how the "International" program works? What I am trying to verbalize is, is this a U.S. government program that funds it, thus resulting in a very minimal financial output from Cedar Point/Fair? If so the result is a large number of staff on the cheap, at least during their term of employment.

My friend said they saw something online saying that Cedar Point was going to delay their opening day because of staffing issues. Is that an April fool's joke or is that serious?

I understand that it's a decrease in pay, but I don't think a CP seasonal job is meant to be a career. I would think the number of returning seasonal employees is low each year regardless of it being $5 less per hour.

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service