New for 2010, fewer trees!

TTD 120mph said:
That's for sure. The FT sure is brighter now. :)

Given that it's mostly blacktop, that's hardly a good thing.

I'd be interested to know if they actually track the number of trees removed versus those planted. I'm sure they track each individually (through PO's & work orders, presumably), but I wonder if they put effort into a long-term plan of ensuring a constant or increasing level of charm.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

^ I thought about that Sunday. The blacktop was scortching hot trying to run back to the little cubby holes that are shoes were in after getting off of Thunder Canyon.

On a related note, ever wonder why it is that the only area in the park where you're permitted to walk around barefoot is also the only area in the park that still has asphalt midways?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Don't try to bring common sense into a discussion about Cedar Point. It just gives me a headache.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

RideMan said:
On a related note, ever wonder why it is that the only area in the park where you're permitted to walk around barefoot is also the only area in the park that still has asphalt midways?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

I think I'm going to start wearing water shoes to the park from now on in the Summer. That was a very small drop in the bucket as to why, but helped the decision none the less. The shoes are pretty comfortable themselves, and will help my quest to never needing a locker at Cedar Point.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Also there was a tree taken out by Gemini between the exit and entrance.

Let's Get Weird.

I recommend getting a pair of Vibram Five fingers. They are good for everything, and way better than wet socks and shoes. I don't think I could hit the water park again without them.
Also if your tall they help give you just a little extra leg room.
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/indexNA.cfm

I saw a lot of people wearing those at Kings Island and was wondering what they were. They look comfortable, but also look weird. I guess its like Crocs :)

Let's Get Weird.

And crocs are horrendous. :)

Those "toe shoes" are strange. Does having your toes separated serve any functional purpose? Or is just one of those buy our shoes, 'cause they're different and stuff things? Judging by their web site, I'd guess the latter, but I've not worn them.

They spend a lot of time hyping the "muscle stimulation" these shoes provide. "Muscle stimulation" is a euphemism for exercise. Do I really need more exercise while walking around an amusement park?

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

^Thats what I was saying, I hate Crocs with a passion lol. And I think the thing with these shoes are that they make it feel like walking barefoot. It provides a sheild from the nasty germs on the park bathroom floor and at the water park. :)

Let's Get Weird.

Which is helpful, I'm sure, if you eat with your feet. :)

Brandon

Clearly, there is a secret, vast de-tree-ification program that has just begun. I mean, look at the new map. See any trees? Case closed. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^^You didn't know I'm 1/2 monkey? :)

Let's Get Weird.

KYJoe said:
I recommend getting a pair of Vibram Five fingers. They are good for everything, and way better than wet socks and shoes. I don't think I could hit the water park again without them.
Also if your tall they help give you just a little extra leg room.
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/indexNA.cfm

Those are an extreme version of the shoes, that's for sure. Mine are more like these. My only concern is are they going to be comfortable enough standing in the MF or TTD line for 2 hours. Running and water rides, sure, but standing for hours on end?

http://imgs.tootoo.com/tt/eng/products/43/2301143.jpg

You have to get used to wearing them. Start off an hour or so at a time. There is not any padding, but what I do notice is that my knee's and hips hurt less at the end of a long day.
If I am walking around/standing on concrete all day about 4 or 5 hours is about all my feet can take.
Having the toes separated is good when your feet get wet it helps prevent blisters.
I don't think its so much of getting more exercise as in it helps make your ankles, and your feet themselves stronger. I get tendinitis in my right heal/foot real bad, because I walk weird, but when I wear the fivefingers a couple times a week they help it a lot.
The key with them is that they have to fit like a glove, and don't wear them all day when you first get them or you will have some of sorest feet you can ever imagine.

KYJoe said:
I don't think its so much of getting more exercise as in it helps make your ankles, and your feet themselves stronger.

And how do we strengthen body parts? Exercise! ;)

... don't wear them all day when you first get them or you will have some of sorest feet you can ever imagine.

I'm not trying to suggest they're not comfy, but the things you (and the web site) mention about them reinforce the impression that these shoes require a lot of effort (aka exercise).

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. :)

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

My walk through the trail today was very well lit. I'll post some pics later.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I am wondering why CP doesn't plant more mature trees in areas that need trees rather then planting trees that take 20 yrs. to fill in. My mom and dad had 2 ten yr. old oaks planted in their back and suprisingly it wasn't really that much money to get fuller looking trees.

windixie06

Do they have 365 acres? :)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

No they don't. But CP could just put a few in to fill in areas, they just choose not to. Economicaly it is alot more expensive to put full grown trees in. And, for what just to please a few hard core CP fans! 20 yrs. ago the atmosphere of the frontier area was better then today. What will it be like in another 20?

windixie06

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service