Nagashima Spaland 325ft

I guess it was revealed at IAAPA.
Funny... I haven't heard anything on this except it would be Morgan's largest.
Has 325ft. been announced? The only thing I heard so far is that it'll be at least 300' and the speed will be at least 90mph. No word on if it'll actually be taller than MF. *** This post was edit by Pete on 11/26/99. ***
I saw it on Screamscape, and find it realistic.
I find 325 unusual for a Japanese coaster, as they measure in metric and 328ft is the magic number there. (100m = 328ft)
Looks like Magnum will remain the only CP coaster to enter Guinness for highest hight.
Didn't Jeff say something about scream scape being a lot of rumors correct me if I am wrong. And even so Won't Millennium Force be built before Nagashima
No... Screamscape is mostly trustworthy. It's the Thrillride rumors section that is, well, get out the salt shaker!

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
I think that they would most likely make the coaster 328 feet so that they can say its 100m not 99m. I would also have to agree with Jeff, it seems that Screamscape always has their rumors right.

-------------
-Chris
"Any day, is a great day, to ride a rollercoaster!" *** This post was edit by CoasterChuckey on 11/26/99. ***

Millennium Force will be well and done while Japan will just be starting to get the track on site and footers laid. It is still going to be the first 300 footer. Unless their will be a third one I don't know about.
-------------
AKA: bodyin thewaterball fountain.

Paddlewheel Excursions: 12
Jokes on PE: 120
Arrow is also making a 300 coaster for another Japan park. Not sure which one, but it will use mglev technology to go up the lift and go 100mph.
Screamscape, for the most part, is pretty reliable. They usually don't post a rumor unless it's valid. And if it's questionable, they tell you.

Everyone, MF is the first and will make history because of it. Regardless how big it is, someone will have plans to build a bigger one even before it opens. MF could be 350ft., someone would build one bigger in the next year to two. But CP, as always, sets the tone when it comes to size.

This is a really dumb idea, but M.F. isnt M.F. built on concrete footers that go all the way down to the bedrock? If so, when the new coastwer comes out why couldn't they just dig out 15 fewet or so of dirt from under the lifthill, adding new support of somekind and making the coaster taller without really changing it? it would still be tallest then. this is just a dumb idea i came up with i really dont believe it would work, but if it did, M.F. would still be tallest, right?
-------------
HA HA HA, MELLENIUM FORCE, YEAH BUDDY!
Where is your source for that arrow coaster Josh. I didn't think arrow was in the giga coaster business. And funphantom there was a park in i think texas that changed the height of there ride making it taller. (this park ran across the same think CP has) I have forgotten the ride and park that this was at it is in an old thread somewhere. Anyway the ride turned out to be a big dud so it would not be a smart thing to do.

-------------
Welcome back Millennium Force riders...We all want to know how was your RIDE!!!!!
First, the Spaland coaster is being built by Morgan, not Arrow.

Also, if you happened to catch a glimpse of the construction site when they dug-out the holes for the footers, you would have seen lot of water, being pumped out to the bay. 15 feet down, you'd get really wet.

My guess is that, when measuring records for these sort of things, that there is an agreed upon standard as to where the "ground" is, in this case probably average terrain. I doubt there's much more than 10 to 15 feet of rise from the beach up to the highest point (I'm guessing that's the land under the original Soak City slides, which seems to be a bit of a "hill"). In any case, the MF site is already quite low.

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Actually Jeff, there is a separate rumor of a 300+ ft Arrow coastre in Japan, as well as the well-publicized Morgan.
That's true, the infamous Mag-Lift coaster.

-------------
Scott W. Short
sshort@mediaone.net
http://welcome.to/midwestcoastercentral

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service